Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HELP FAST!!!!!! Problems with Ice Wax!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 04:15 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: HELP FAST!!!!!! Problems with Ice Wax!!!!!!

i does not take alot. I only used like a 1/4 of an inch out of the bottle. I did the whole car, wax and buff. then went back over the areas that are hit the most with bugs and such, hood front bumper and fenders.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:39 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i'v heard the same thing happen with all people using ICE on black cars....
Old 04-29-2006, 07:05 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Something similar happened when I used this gray polish. You're supposed to use an oribital, but I thought my young paws could to the trick.

Needless to say, it looked awesome at night. The following morning however, I saw TONS of streaks and it looked very misty/foggy. Fortunately (or unfortunately) it rained that evening, so the streaks are covered up with tons of water spots, and it's been raining off and on since. Have't washed it again, yet.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:38 PM
El Verdugo
1st Gear Member

Say I hope you were washing and applying this wax or any product of that matter under shade. Since you mentioned that you applied this product at 12:30 pm. Not a good time to apply a product on a paint surface during the summer days. Too hot, but nevertheless if this happens in the future, get you some quick detailing spray and apply to the surface and then wipe away with a microfiber towel.

I detail cars on the side and this trick has helped me out a great deal. Just today on a Expedition had to do that on the hood of that vehicle.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shiftyv6

I use Meguires Gold Class - works great and never had a problem with wax.

[IMG]local://upfiles/33873/2E5E35370D104D95BEEDDE270CDAF610.jpg[/IMG]

Me too brother, looks like a mirror last time I did it. Especially coupled with the Gold Class Gelly Soap.

If you haven't actually buffed the wax off yet, then I would say thast normal, most waxes get all foggy before you buff it off. However, I'm sure you know that and thats not the problem. I'd say wash it off then buff it. Then reapply wax. Also could be becuase of temperture? Most waxes need to be applied in coolor shady areas? So honestly I dont know good luck man.

Ninja Edit: Microfiber is your friend. I'm armed with a huge micro fiber drying cloth, 20+ small micro fiber cloths, some microfiber applicator pads(GREAT for waxing), and my favorite my bright orange microfiber washing glove.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:44 PM
El Verdugo
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shiftyv6

I use Meguires Gold Class - works great and never had a problem with wax.

[IMG]local://upfiles/33873/2E5E35370D104D95BEEDDE270CDAF610.jpg[/IMG]
I have never had any problems with the Gold Class series.
At the moment we are using Clear Kote products on all of our customer's ride.
Klasse is another great brand of cleaning materials
Old 04-29-2006, 11:14 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: El Verdugo

Say I hope you were washing and applying this wax or any product of that matter under shade. Since you mentioned that you applied this product at 12:30 pm. Not a good time to apply a product on a paint surface during the summer days. Too hot, but nevertheless if this happens in the future, get you some quick detailing spray and apply to the surface and then wipe away with a microfiber towel.

I detail cars on the side and this trick has helped me out a great deal. Just today on a Expedition had to do that on the hood of that vehicle.
the ICE directions say you can apply to a hot surface in direct sunlight. That is how i did it and mine turned out great

i think he just used to much and did not buff it out enough. You may need more micro towls to buff the car off, one towl is good but he may have over loaded it and it started smering it
Old 04-29-2006, 11:52 PM
hazestang
2nd Gear Member

I did my car yesterday and had the same problem. it took me a few buffing sessions to get it cleared up. I was a little worried at first, but I could tell I used way too much when i did it. You just have to buff it with a clean microfiber. Let it haze for 5 or 10 minutes and buff it again with a clean microfiber, and repeat as necessary. Actually I think I did that process 3 or 4 times. All is good now.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:40 AM
Fig06
2nd Gear Member

Just used it this afternoon and did not have any problem. Dark blue car sheet metal was warm went on easy and cmae of the same.
I use Blue Coral as a wash then the Ice. Looks dam good.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:09 AM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

Ice looks great on my car.

Quick Reply: HELP FAST!!!!!! Problems with Ice Wax!!!!!!