Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CAI from Moss....anyone seen this???

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 04:58 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CAI from Moss....anyone seen this???

the best idea i have seen so far for an intake was an intake that was mounted infront and a bit above the throttle body, and a hood scoop that would feed air right into it.

unfortunately, not on the mustang
Old 04-30-2006, 03:55 PM
ranebowcyxx
BadAss 13-sec N/A 4.0L

I think I will talk to my personal machinist and have something like that billett housing made, extending the wiring harness and moving the coolant bottle should be child's play.
Then again, why even have the billet housing made?
Why not just move the coolant tank and modify the stock (shorten it) rubber tube to mount right to the throttle body?

Let's get some ideas thrown around here.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:02 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

I'd love to see a functional ram-air-hood-scoop-contraption that had the duct-work feeding directly into the throttle-body. It would be way different than the other other shaker systems, like the Fang. So far, the Western CAI is the closest I've seen for something like it. I dig it, I think it's the neatest looking CAI on the market because of the old hot-rod appearance to it.

How it would work with a blower or turbo, is one thing I would think about before purchase. If it's an STS, then you could keep it (oh yeah, they do financing if you feel like having a wad of horsepower for $150 a month), then you could probably keep the Western CAI, but if you go with an X-Charger like afixer, then maybe not. I know scrming's issue with it was if he got it (the WMS CAI), he would have to lose his nitrous set up do to no room for it when the CAI is hooked up to the TB.

Old 04-30-2006, 04:11 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

im pretty sure u wouldnt be able to use it with any power adder. The turbo i know u cant, and sure looks like u cant on the vortech, procharger, and xcharger.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:14 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

If you were going to go the insane N/A route (cams, heads, crank, etc.), then it would be a viable CAI.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:03 PM
ranebowcyxx
BadAss 13-sec N/A 4.0L

Agreed
Old 04-30-2006, 07:08 PM
cstigger04
2nd Gear Member

why would you have to lose the NO2? it has a tube.....yet a small one but you should be able to tap a nozzle or two into it right?
Old 04-30-2006, 08:50 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Ask scrming about the n20 problem, he mentioned it on a variation of this same thread last month. We were talking about the WMS CAI, and he brought up losing his ZEX if he got it.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:51 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

its because of the distance. n2o requires a certain length to atomize, or else you can run into probs. i think its 6-12 inches, which you can clearly tell you do not have with this intake (6-12 from the TB)
Old 05-01-2006, 12:57 AM
hazestang
2nd Gear Member

OK I just looked at the picture again, and I still don't see where the air is going to come from. Picture the hood closed, the radiator box seals to the hood. There is no air coming from the top because it is sealed to the hood. there is no air coming from the bottom because that is a solid peice of plastic. All the air coming in from the grill is going under the radiator box thing. Is there anyone out there that sees what I am saying? Maybe I will just forget about this whole thread, I am definatelynot seeing it.

Quick Reply: CAI from Moss....anyone seen this???