Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

You all are pretty darn cool

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 04:11 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: You all are pretty darn cool

Welcome to the boards. Your name says it all, you've got to be an english teacher. Best use of grammar on a message-board ever.

Have fun with the car. I was cranking Aerosmith's Rocks CD when I bought mine. I also had to resist the urge to burn a few circles in friend of mine's front yard.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:42 PM
0to60
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: omer333
Welcome to the boards. Your name says it all, you've got to be an english teacher. Best use of grammar on a message-board ever.
teacherman,

I'm intrigued: what subject DO you teach? I'm 11th and 12th grade English. This car has actually been a terrific icebreaker for me with a lot of my students. The boys who'd never willingly crack a book will happily chat with me for hours about mods I've done and plan to do. And the girls just want to ride in it...

Post some pics! What color 'stang do you have? I'd highly recommend the GT grill.

Welcome to the forum!
Tim

[IMG]local://upfiles/27226/A91A784547EF4C87B346ED0C98112533.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-01-2006, 12:36 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

I am actually a 5th grade teacher. Next year, however, we will be "departmentalizing" so I will be teaching nothing but Social Studies. That is a good thing being that my degree is in History. Pics shall come tomorrow! My camera is at work. What is cool is that the school is going to add my Mustang into the yearbook as a "memory".
Old 05-01-2006, 12:42 AM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

Great to see a few more teachers out there with Stangs. I teach H.S. Social Studies and I give a lot of kids whip lash as they turn to see whose driving that car. They all want to race me but who knows what Mom and Dad have bought for them. Anyhow, welcome to the forum and if you want a single with some *****, go flowmaster.

[IMG]local://upfiles/32397/7151EA137B484621ABE4FFD0C7F25362.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-01-2006, 12:50 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Congrats and welcome! As far as upgrades, take a look at Saleen's website and their takeoff parts. You can get an entire GT takeoff kit that includes wheels/tires bumper covers, grill, and exhaust for $1200.00. It will save you a bundle over doing it piece by piece, especially doing the exhaust twice.
Just an opinion, take it for what is worth.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:05 AM
FearMyMatrix
1st Gear Member

welcome to the boards, i havent been here to long but i will give you some advice. if you start modding, you wont want to quit. just trust me on this one, get ready for mod fever [sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 05-01-2006, 02:54 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FearMyMatrix

welcome to the boards, i havent been here to long but i will give you some advice. if you start modding, you wont want to quit. just trust me on this one, get ready for mod fever [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Yes this is what scares me. Right now all I want is a new muffler. It's going to be REALLY tough. Do I get it RIGHT now and get a GT take off, or do I save a few months for a Borla or Flowmaster. It's annoying. Which reminds me, does Mineke do good work? What would they charge for putting a single muffler on? Anyway, next I think I will try for the Gt Grill or a CAI. The CAI is going to be more complicated because I know nothing about them except that they add HP. I went to a posted site and it got pretty technical, talking about needing to tune which I have no idea what that means. Geez, I have done nothing and I am all ready planning way ahead.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:03 AM
nicarc369
2nd Gear Member

Go for the GT takeoff! They come in pairs (driver and passenger side) from CascoTech on Ebay, a VERY reputable seller here on the forums, for $80. If you replace the stock muffler you can gain about 10 rwhp, and for $80 you can't beat the price or sound! Also, replacing the muffler is very DIY friendly and will take only about 1/2 an hour to do.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:35 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Thanks nicarc. You have just helped me make up my mind. It's been something I have been tossing and turning over and I think, for now, the best thing to do is go that route. Hamlid's clips had much influence. I will order them this weekend! So when I get them is it as easy as taking it over to Mineke and having them installed? What do they charge for installation?
Old 05-01-2006, 04:55 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

The GT take-offs will sound great!

Just about any muffler shop should be able to handle the install... they'll probably charge by the hour... it's not a huge job.

Quick Reply: You all are pretty darn cool