Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

You all are pretty darn cool

Old 05-01-2006, 02:24 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: You all are pretty darn cool

ORIGINAL: teacherman

Thanks nicarc. You have just helped me make up my mind. It's been something I have been tossing and turning over and I think, for now, the best thing to do is go that route. Hamlid's clips had much influence. I will order them this weekend! So when I get them is it as easy as taking it over to Mineke and having them installed? What do they charge for installation?
I had the Ford Racing exhaust (rebadged Borla) installed by the dealer during my oil change and they charged me like $20 for the installation. No welding involved, it slides on. I think there was one alteration they needed to do to one bracket, but otherwise, I was in-and-out in less than an hour for an oil change, tire rotation and the muffler installation. I saved a lot by getting the Ford Racing-branded muffler than the Borla, by the way.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:04 PM
SwtPnyChick
Lady Luck

Welcome aboard teacherman. This forum defintely has a great group of people. Always helping and leading you in the right direction. Can't go wrong. Congrats and have fun!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:44 PM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JStang78

I had the Ford Racing exhaust (rebadged Borla) installed by the dealer during my oil change and they charged me like $20 for the installation. No welding involved, it slides on. I think there was one alteration they needed to do to one bracket, but otherwise, I was in-and-out in less than an hour for an oil change, tire rotation and the muffler installation. I saved a lot by getting the Ford Racing-branded muffler than the Borla, by the way.

JStang that brings me to another question. Can aftermarket parts be added on BY the dealership? I have been curious about this for some time.

Thanks for the welcome PnyChick. We have the same color ride!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 11:00 PM
cstigger04
2nd Gear Member

teacherman.....the dealer I asked this question totold me they will only install authorized aftermarket parts....IE Roush...Saleen...Ect. But other dealers might not be as retentative as the one here in Killeen Tx.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:04 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cstigger04

teacherman.....the dealer I asked this question totold me they will only install authorized aftermarket parts....IE Roush...Saleen...Ect. But other dealers might not be as retentative as the one here in Killeen Tx.

Thanks CS, really helpful info. So if the aftermarket part is authorized does it still have any affect on warranty if that was what caused the problem? Or is an aftermarket part an aftermarket part period?
Old 05-02-2006, 03:57 AM
TempleOfDog

The newest issue (June 2006) of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/ has a good article about warranties written by a lawyer. I've heard many different views on warranties. I feel this article gave me the best info to let me make up my own mind on wether to make changes or not.