Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got Pulled Over Today.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 12:19 AM
06Blue4.0

Default RE: Got Pulled Over Today.

Yeah, i hang out with some street racers during the weekend KCSR(Kansas City Street Racing) most of these guys have v8's so im not one to race anyone but i love to watch. Well these ricers typical crx hatch, type r and i think a srt-4(not sooo much of a ricer, love these cars) pull up next to us as we were heading to meet everyone. Usually we get about 150 cars out on a nice night and a firebird and the crx go at it and im hanging back doing about 60 in a 45 and all of a sudden Street Racing Division comes up 2 unmarked mustangs and a few black and whites of course i get pulled over and they guy after sitting there in cuffs he just says "im giving you the biggest warning ever" blah blah and lets me go. So Lucky
Old 05-01-2006, 12:27 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

I had to stop at this stop light earlier for somebody crossing the street, it took the woman like 30 seconds to get a across the street, but that light stayed red for another 5 minutes (seriously, timed it) anyways i was in a hurry and getting kinda pissy. when the light finally turned green i punced it next thing i know i'm doing 60 in a 40 and i pass two cops setting in a parking lot driveway, and i see both there heads turn and watch me as I fly by...lucked out though cuz neither one decided to pull me over. needless to say though I took that as my one lucky break for the day and slowed way the f*** down after i turned at the next light and made sure to watch my speed the rest of the day.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:44 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Cops do funny things sometimes. I have been pulled over twice and both times they wanted to talk about the car. Neither one asked for drivers license or registration. Locals in the small town I live in. One said he though my high beams might have been on, and the other just flat out said that he has seen it around and wanted to see it up close!
Old 05-01-2006, 12:46 AM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

Uh cops have to have you clocked in order to give you a ticket. I'm not sure whether they have to show you the radar, but they can't just say "you were going faster then the speed limit" with no proof. Hearsay is not admisible in court, and thats all that is.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:09 AM
cvz_finezt
2nd Gear Member

bro u lucky u are not in texas, cuz the cops will hang ur A** out to dry for anything... trust me i know, more than once.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:31 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

Cops do funny things sometimes. I have been pulled over twice and both times they wanted to talk about the car. Neither one asked for drivers license or registration. Locals in the small town I live in. One said he though my high beams might have been on, and the other just flat out said that he has seen it around and wanted to see it up close!
How cool is that.

0to60, didn't quite feel like a million bucks. Truthfully, I was shaken up for a couple hours afterward. I REALLY didn't want to take it to court, don't have time. And it is easy to forget!

Well this is one warning that will definitely save me gas.

On a note so fun note, I was washing my car today and noticed a dink on my passenger side. Some dip **** opened his door on my car, most likely when I was in San Diego. The clay bar took the white paint right out, but left a dent about the size of a dime. [:@]
Old 05-01-2006, 05:36 AM
S.SubZero
1st Gear Member

I am scared to death of the cops with my Mustang and it's "I AM PROBABLY DRIVING DANGEROUSLY" appearance, I really try to keep a low profile as far as the law is concerned.

My funny cop story:

In 1992 I was driving a 1985 Buick Century. This car had seen better days; the steering was screwed up, the radio was broken, and the frontend was messed up including one of the headlight assemblies not really being connected to anything (but the headlight worked). I drove the car from Georgia to New Jersey without any problems so at least it was reliable.

So I am driving home from work one night and I passed a cop while I was adjusting myself in my seat and the cop must have seen me shimmy a little so he turned around and pulled me over. First he was on me about the shimmy which I explained and then he got on me about the headlight assembly. He tells me he's going to give me a ticket for the headlight.

"..and what about yours?" I say, pointing over my shoulder.

He glances back, and notices the passenger side headlight on his patrol car is out.

He let me off with a warning. 8)
Old 05-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

Your so lucky you got a nice officer.

Less than 3 weeks ago, I got pulled over for the first time ever, sine I've been driving for less than a year. (16) So anyways, I turn a corner and get onto a road that I know the police usually chill out on and patrol heavily. So I;m cruising at the speedlimit, and a squad car turns from a side road and starts trailing me. Well this goes on for about a mile, and he's riding my bumper. So by now I'm getting pissed of becuase well this dudes right up my ***. So we come to a light and he turns his lights on and signals for me to turn into the gas station. I'm sitting there like wtf, you gota be kidding me. I get out all my junk, ie insurance and stuff. He comes up and wont come up to the side of the window. He like hung back and talked to me from my quarter windows.

Officer: You dont need any of that info yet, just sit tight.
Me: Well, I hope nothings wrong given the fact that you've been riding my bumper for almost a mile now.
Officer: I think given the situation your in you should just shut your mouth.
Me: Well fine then.

Now 5 mins goes by and soon 2 MORE SQUAD CARS pull up. I'm sitting there going WTF??!!? What the heck is going on.

So officer comes back.

Officer: I ran your plates, and I came up with this license plate being registered to a 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Me: Well, yeah obviously thats your problem, becuase we traded that car in for this car and i have all the information here stating that this car is in fact mine.
Officer: Well for the time being give me your info, and just letting you know your under suspicion of stealing this car.
Me: Oh, just great, thats wonderfull. (Mumbling)

So 10 mins goes by and they are all hanging out by the lead squad car lookin at stuff while the other is on the computer.

So he finally comes back:

Officer: Well your info looks to back up your story. I'm gonna let you go for now, take this up with the secretary of states office.
Me: Ok, thanks see ya around.
Officer2: Walks up says " Hey kid, nice car ya got"
Me: Smiling Yeah thanks man, I try to keep her lookin good ya know.
Officer 2: Yeah defintly. Have a nice day.
Me: You too.

Drove off.

The first cop was such a jag off, I mean hell he was so close to me if I had to hit the breaks the slightest bit he would have hit me.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:07 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pastor_ice43

Uh cops have to have you clocked in order to give you a ticket. I'm not sure whether they have to show you the radar, but they can't just say "you were going faster then the speed limit" with no proof. Hearsay is not admisible in court, and thats all that is.
That's not "hearsay." Hearsay would be if the cop testified that someone else had seen you speeding, and the officer testified on that basis, as opposed to personally witnessing the event. Someone says what they heard, hence, "hear-say."

Police officers in many/most states can testify as an expert witness (similar to a forensic pathologist in a case necessitating their services) in the field of speed judgement. You can attempt to impeach the officer's credibility, but his testimony carries similar weight as a per se reading from a radar gun.

Spartan -- I've had similar incidents where I've avoided tickets by simply being honest that I knew I was speeding. Many cops actually do appreciate it when they come across an honest person every now and then.