MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   HAS ANY ONE PUT A CUTOUT ON A STOCK EXHAUST?-now with clips (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/122364-has-any-one-put-a-cutout-on-a-stock-exhaust-now-with-clips.html)

blackmobile 04-30-2006 04:58 PM

HAS ANY ONE PUT A CUTOUT ON A STOCK EXHAUST?-now with clips

HEY EVERYONE, OTHER THEN MY AUDIO/VIDEO SYSTEM, MY MAGNAFLOW AXLEBLACK, AND SOME COSMETIC STUFF MY MUSTANG IS PRETTY MUCH STOCK. tHE FIRST OF MY NEW UPGRADES IS GOING TO BE AN EXHAUST CUTOUT ABOUT 2 FEET BEFORE MY MUFFLER, i JUST GOT THE PART THIS WEEKEND FROM JEGS AND I'M BRINGIN IT TO THE SHOP TO GET PUT ON 2MORROW.........DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW A CUTOUT SOUNDS ON OUR STOCK V6'S???...i HAVE SEEN THE VIDEO BY THAT GUY WHO DID IT WITH DUALS, BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT WITH A SINGLE PIPE

pcastle 05-01-2006 01:27 PM

RE: hAS ANY ONE PUT A CUTOUT ON A STOCK EXHAUST?

Can you post some close-up pics of your car? I want to see what the monitor looks like installed. Also where did you mount the x-box? I am thinking about doing the same to mine.

Furinox 05-01-2006 01:33 PM

It should sound good, but it will be strange having all that sound coming out of a single exhaust car.

blackmobile 05-01-2006 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: pcastle

Can you post some close-up pics of your car? I want to see what the monitor looks like installed. Also where did you mount the x-box? I am thinking about doing the same to mine.
Yeah sure, its really not that hard of an install as long as you figure out where u want everything to go, I had a lot of trial and error until i was happy. I can post pics and info about my monitor install this evening... someone actually already asked me about it.I used to have my xbox mounted on my rear deck right under the rear windshield.....but i got tired of seeing it there....so i put it under the front passenger seat... It did require me to do some cutting and removal of some brackets under the seat that are there to hold some relays and wires....but i j ust cut off the bracket with my dremmel and tucked the wires under the carpet.....the xbox is still a very snug fit under there but i'm able work the seat fine...i'll give more details later on

blackmobile 05-01-2006 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Furinox

It should sound good, but it will be strange having all that sound coming out of a single exhaust car.
I know, i want my car to be a sleeper though, I have an apointment to put on the cut out this afternoon so we'll find out soon enough. i'm very happy with the sound of my axleback but i want to run an open exhaust for my future mods....its going to be good to have the choice between running open with no muffler or with my magnaflow axleback depending on my mood.I'll post before and after vids this evening

Furinox 05-01-2006 02:32 PM

the only way the sleeper effect is going to work in my opinion is if you get the electric push button valve to open and close it. It wont be much of a sleeper if they hear you coming.

Tres Wright 05-01-2006 05:11 PM

I'm curious why anyone would want to run an exhaust cutout? If you shunt the exhaust out before the muffler, you're going to lean out your A/F mix and the car will actually run slower more than likely. Are you wanting it to be loud just for fun?

The screen looks very cool in the tiny sig pic!

Furinox 05-01-2006 05:20 PM

mine doesn't run slower.

justang05 05-01-2006 05:51 PM

as long as you dont remove the O2 sensors it shouldnt lean out. Maybe loose a little low end, but (especially with single muffler) it should help in the higher rpms. That head unit looks sweat! Thought about buyin a system but decided to spend the money on performance.

blackmobile 05-01-2006 07:08 PM

Ur exhaust shouldnt have anything to do with your air to fuel ratio because its going out of the engine not in...U do loose a little back pressure but as someone just mentioned on a single pipe car with a decent sized motor it makes no difference......

I actually just put the cutout in and it sounds great!!! I feel like I may have lost a tiny bit of my low end torque...but boy does the power in 3500 to 4500 rpms make up for it!!!!.... It has a much deeper throaty sound now too!....no offense to those that spent hundreds on custom catback and duel set ups.....but i feel like i got the same effect for less than a quarter of the price....plus i've lost less back pressure because its still a single pipe.....the install is very clean and one would think that all the exhaust is coming out of my axleback!!!.. going back to my normal set up is very quick and easy.....would reccomend to anyone....but makes sure u get the jegs cut out!!!!

Thanks for the compliments on my screen.....its actually just a monitor...i relocated my aftermarket head unit to my glove compartment.its a much better option then spending over a thousand on an indash dvd/screen combo...that u cant even use while in motion...i'm goin to post before and after clips of my exhaust this evening