Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

TuneWars - Who does the best tunes

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 02:41 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default TuneWars - Who does the best tunes

About to get a tuner and tunes for my '05 V6. I am willing to run high octane and am looking for more head snap, especially low end.

OK.. whoses tunes do I get..... and why? How do the tuners differentiate themselves? What do you look for to get a real good tune? There seems to be little hard data on which to base a judgement, so you folks tell me, which tuner do I go to?????

I am obviously looking for somebody who sells mail order. I am not going to drive 1000 miles to your favorite tuner with a dyno who charges you $200/hr to do a custom tune.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:56 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: TuneWars - Who does the best tunes

is there someone who does tuning where you live? I believe that all the online guys will give you good service and just up to you who to pick, e-mail them all and then decide, price isn't going to be much different.

my $.02
Old 05-02-2006, 02:58 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

what do you have a auto or manual? sct xcal2 for auto and the diablo for manual. I did the c&l with xcal 93tune from evolution performance, very sweet... He dynos his own tunes and is very customer friendly. The other big dealer is brenspeed. Many people are happy with both dealers and tuners. I'm in evolutions "backyard" about 60miles northwest. Went down in person. Very cool guy, he seems to know his ****... Was and still am very thrilled with the tune. I couldn't decide for the longest time. Read many threads like these in the end decided on evolution and i'm very glad i did.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:38 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

What is Evolutions website?
Old 05-02-2006, 03:39 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

What is Evolutions website?
click the ad on the side ----------------->
Old 05-02-2006, 03:44 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Doug at Bamachips has some of the best tunes and customer service in the business. He's been working with 4.0L's for years.

http://www.bamachips.com/
Old 05-02-2006, 05:30 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

if I'm not mistaken, when i was looking into and doing research on which one to go with i believe "at the time, i'm sure it's no longer a issue" that doug was having some shifting issues with the auto's... I believe "hambone" was the man. I may be wrong ? and sorry if i am, These 3 tuners are good because they dyno their work and didn't just pop-up on the net reselling tuners with canned tunes. Many customers are very happy with tunes from bama,bren & evolution. Most likely everyone will favor their tuner over the next guys unless he has had trouble with them.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:41 AM
muze one

my vote goes to Fred at Evolution...great tunes for a C&L on my auto 05 vert.
Worked well with me calling all hours of the evening to load new tunes he emailed me...veeeerrrrry customer friendly, and that's what you need when dealing with things you may not know enough about (like me!).
Quick shipping, alway on the other end of the phone when needed!
Old 05-02-2006, 09:57 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Nobody can tune an automatic like Lidio from Alternative Auto.... www.alternativeauto.com

Old 05-02-2006, 10:41 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

My guys is good, Arizona Dyno Chip but you'll need the car there to be thrown on the dyno.

Quick Reply: TuneWars - Who does the best tunes