Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New member, couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

Default New member, couple of questions

Hey all!

I just bought a new 2006 Mustang V6 Coupe...I got the Pony Package, Handling Package, Interior Upgrade Package Etc...Its black and its awesome.

Reason I went witha V6 is the insurance on the GT was Nuts...and the V6 still has a nice get up and go, so I am happy. I will post some pictures when I pick it up tomorrow

Three questions...

1) I am a first time mustang owner...from what I read they seem like really reliable cars as long as you dont Bag on them 24/7. I was wondering if anyone knew of any chronic problems with the new stangs that I should keep an eye out for.

I came from a 99 Grandam GT...Replaced Powersteering Pump, Altenator, Lower Mantifold Intake Gasket, Head gasket, EGR Valve...and that was just the start....

I am really hoping this mustang is a good car.

2) when I open the door the power window moves down about 3mm maybe? then when I close the door it moves back up. Is this to releave pressure so the door closes easier?

3) I have the ability to change the interior display lights to 121 different colors...how do I do this?
Old 05-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New member, couple of questions

ORIGINAL: Erdrickk

Hey all!

I just bought a new 2006 Mustang V6 Coupe...I got the Pony Package, Handling Package, Interior Upgrade Package Etc...Its black and its awesome.

Reason I went witha V6 is the insurance on the GT was Nuts...and the V6 still has a nice get up and go, so I am happy. I will post some pictures when I pick it up tomorrow

Three questions...

1) I am a first time mustang owner...from what I read they seem like really reliable cars as long as you dont Bag on them 24/7. I was wondering if anyone knew of any chronic problems with the new stangs that I should keep an eye out for.

I came from a 99 Grandam GT...Replaced Powersteering Pump, Altenator, Lower Mantifold Intake Gasket, Head gasket, EGR Valve...and that was just the start....

2) when I open the door the power window moves down about 3mm maybe? then when I close the door it moves back up. Is this to releave pressure so the door closes easier?

3) I have the ability to change the interior display lights to 121 different colors...how do I do this?
First off, congrats!

1) I think most people will agree that it's reliable car. As is the case with every vehicle, problems do pop up, but for the most part it seems to be a tough pony.

2) The window drops slightly so that it can clear the molding. If it stayed down all the time, there wouldn't be a seal, and if it stayed up all the time, the the window would still be in the molding when you pulled the door open.

3) To change the colors, hit the setup button, and scroll till you get to "MyColor." There will be an option to "hold reset to change the color" or something to that effect. After it enters the edit mode, you can adjust the RGB values.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:07 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Congrats, these cars will suprise you. Here is a list of issues on the 06, you do not necessarily have these issues, but this is still helpful when dealing with dealerships:

http://2005stang.com/viewtopic.php?t=2325
Old 05-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

These cars will surprise you....

what did you mean by that. suprise as in they are more reliable than I think? or they have more problems then I am expecting?

Old 05-04-2006, 02:49 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

These cars will surprise you....

what did you mean by that. suprise as in they are more reliable than I think? or they have more problems then I am expecting?

For a V6, they take well to mods. That is what I meant.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:11 PM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

There is a category at the top of the FORUM menu that lists any RECALLS and TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS.

My 05 has been solid so far. I was not aware that the non-convertible models had the door window that moves down to close. I thought was a convertible only deal.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

My salesman said that the window feature is intended to relieve pressure inside the car, which extends the life of the seals throughout the interior. He might have been talking out of his *ss, but I suspect he's correct.

Ken
Old 05-04-2006, 09:44 PM
tomsa55
1st Gear Member

welcome and congrats on the car

ps rtm

(rtm=read the manual)

have fun and drive safe.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:12 PM
ortcele
1st Gear Member

Hey all!

Three questions...

What is the Handling Package did you get that from ford or is that aftermarket ?