Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Some appearance mod ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 02:06 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

Default Some appearance mod ideas

Hey guys, now that I'm pretty much done with my performance mods, I was thinking of topping it off with one of the following. They've both been running through my head for some time, and I was just wondering what you guys thought about them. I'm very happy with the way my car looks as it is, and I don't want to ruin it...I was just thinking of doing one of these.

1. adding on the CDC smooth hood scoop. I think that it would make the car look a little tougher.
http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...splay/628.html

2. taking off the white side stripes and adding this hood stripe in a light blue color
http://www.graphic-express.com/K105-...od_stripes.asp

3. taking off the white side stripes and adding either dark vivid blue or dark green 12" racing stripes with a 2" gap

So, what do you guys think? The hood scoop shouldn't be too hard for me to go for, but I'm happy with my side stripes now, so I'd wait a while until I did the stripes if I do them at all. Like I said, just ideas that have been running through my head...I'll probably just stick with what I have now lol.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Some appearance mod ideas

Neither of the links are working.

Have you thought about keeping the side stripes and adding white hood & deck stripes?

On the hood scoop, I've been thinking of doing a hood or scoop on mine for a while too. The problem with that CDC scoop is you almost have to do other mod's for it to look right. It goes well with a car that has a more aggressive spoiler, some aftermarket wheels/ tires and maybe some hood stripes. In my opinion it would look out of place on a relatively stock V6 though. A smaller scoop like the Roush might be a better choice, but it depends on what your overall vision is; where the car is going to end up down the road.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:36 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Your first link does not work.........
Old 05-04-2006, 02:42 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

fixed the links...
Old 05-04-2006, 02:54 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

Neither of the links are working.

Have you thought about keeping the side stripes and adding white hood & deck stripes?

On the hood scoop, I've been thinking of doing a hood or scoop on mine for a while too. The problem with that CDC scoop is you almost have to do other mod's for it to look right. It goes well with a car that has a more aggressive spoiler, some aftermarket wheels/ tires and maybe some hood stripes. In my opinion it would look out of place on a relatively stock V6 though. A smaller scoop like the Roush might be a better choice, but it depends on what your overall vision is; where the car is going to end up down the road.
I like the white stripes, but I was thinking of going a little different. The scoop didn't really seem too big for the car either. Some of them look like they get lost on the hood. (for example, the Xenon is too small IMO, and I'll have to check out the Roush) As far as other appearance mods go, I have the GT 5-spoke wheels (not in the pic), running Pony emblems, and a 4.0 High Performance emblem along with my dual exhaust.

The problem is that I have too many visions for the car lol. There's so much you can do with them...

Old 05-04-2006, 03:13 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I'd take off the side stripes and leave it alone. You said you have the GT takeoff wheels-did you lower it to eliminate the wheel gap?
Old 05-04-2006, 03:31 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Chid....here is what it may look like with the GT grille/fflights and the CDC hood Scoop...(Straight from: http://www.ponybuilder.com)

See if that helps...I have one just like yours (06-v6 Black on black on black, but I have the GT grille/foglights) I was also looking into getting the scoop as it would help the CAI...

[IMG]local://upfiles/35381/0CB32ED21D924AA39965238E7F9680A3.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-04-2006, 04:27 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

I'd take off the side stripes and leave it alone. You said you have the GT takeoff wheels-did you lower it to eliminate the wheel gap?
No, it's not lowered. The GT wheels are about the same diameter as the stock ones.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

only add a scoop if you plan to make it functional somehow
Old 05-04-2006, 04:43 PM
FOUR O

OK THIS IS WHAT I WOULD DO // SIDE STRIPES OFF ..... 2 STRIPES FROM BUMPER TO BUMPER( VINYL LOOKS JUST AS GOOD AS PAINT BUT AT A FRACTION OF THE COST ) I DID MINE MYSELF AND IT CAME OUT GOOD AS HELL/ HOOD SCOOP YOU CAN FIND EM FOR 100 BUX ONLINE LAST BUT NOT LEAST JUST SLAP A CHROME 4.0 ON THE DECK LID AND YOU WILL BE CHILLIN

Quick Reply: Some appearance mod ideas