Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Very Happy right now!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 07:15 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default Very Happy right now!!

I was just checking my online banking and discovered that my bank raised my credit limit on my card through them by $3000.00!!! I don't hardly have much credit card debt, but I was still going to pay off my cards before ordering my CAI and tuner. Well screw that I'm gonna order it this week! Yippy!!!!

SOO...Bamachips Xcal2 and demolet combo or other? I read a post the other day that said the Xcal 2 was not the best one for Manual transmissions. Is this true?? Was planning on going with the combo from Bamachips cuz I had heard so much good about them, but if there really is a better one for a stick I would want that one. So ummm let me know.

I am positively giddy (and I'm never "giddy") I was planning on not getting this for a month or two. But now....YIPPY!!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:11 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Very Happy right now!!

I have an xcal2 and they are great for manual's. I would go with an xcal just because really only a handful of people can vouch for the diablo. I got decent #'s for a manual. Same HP and TQ at the wheel as a stock 98 GT!!! They might have like 10 15 more tq but heh!!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:36 AM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

I recently went the C&L and X-cal set up and it is really nice.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:54 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I have the bamachips tuner/demolet combo, shaved 3/10ths off my track times NA. Awesome!
Old 05-05-2006, 04:06 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Do these credit card companies read minds? They recently raised my limit... now I've got more than enough room for a supercharger... must... resist... can't hold on... much... longer....
Old 05-05-2006, 04:09 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

Do these credit card companies read minds? They recently raised my limit... now I've got more than enough room for a supercharger... must... resist... can't hold on... much... longer....
Yep!!!! I just paid off all my credit cards last week, then I get a notice in the mail, "we doubled your credit limit"!!! Gee thanks, let me go buy a ford GT now. ROFL.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:23 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

LMAO! I got mine raised up enough to go a little crazy, but I'm not going to I'm just gonna get my intake and tune...Thanks for the input guys, I'll be ordering my stuff from Bamachips in the next couple of days probably...I wonder if I should tell my wife first? lol
Old 05-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Never tell your wife lol if you know she will say no. lol
Old 05-06-2006, 01:35 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I do not think about my CC limit. I just keep paying it off every month and they keep raising the limit higher and higher. Once you start making partial payments, they've got you where they want you and they will bleed you dry. Don't go down that road if you can help it!
Old 05-06-2006, 03:25 AM
S.SubZero
1st Gear Member

I don't have many credit cards, and I rarely use them. I have a decent bank balance and a debit card, that's all I need. The only time I dip into the credit cards is when I buy something expensive that my debit card's daily limit can't handle. I recently pre-paid for three years at a gym by me and I needed a credit card to cover the cost. Paid it off right after I got home.

I guess I shouldn't "gloat" (I'm sure someone will do better anyways), but my credit cards have insanely high limits. I have two cards with $10,000 limits (these are your standard no-fee gold VISA's) and at one time I carried seven or eight cards worth a total of about $60,000 credit. I let most of them expire and I cut them up just cuz they cluttered up my wallet. I actually had one card, a GM Mastercard, that GM themselves sent me a letter saying they were cancelling it since I never used it.

There was a girl I worked with years ago who had over $9,000 in credit card debt. Hearing that, I promised never to let that kind of thing happen to me.

Quick Reply: Very Happy right now!!