Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

need help with a decision....insurance company got back to me finally

Old 05-08-2006, 02:30 PM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

Default need help with a decision....insurance company got back to me finally

Ok so I got some good info from the insurance company. I inquired how much a GT insurance quote would run me and this is what I got.

105.00/month

I have 10000 left to pay on my 05 Mustang. I really would like the power of a V8. As of now i put the wheels, lowering kit and system. Also I have the GT side skirts and chin spoiler to put on. They rims and stereo would not be traded in with the stang. Now to my predicament. I have only 700something miles on it. I come back home in June for overseas. Should I trade it in. I would go ask the 4.6 community but I already know their answer.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Goliath
1st Gear Member

Default RE: need help with a decision....insurance company got back to me finally

do what you think will make you happy. If paying a little more insurance isn't going to break the bank and you don't mind the 'sunk cost' of not getting a full lifespan out of the vehicle, then by all means go ahead. Trading in something that isn't paid off doesn't make a whole lot of sense financially speaking, but if you have the money to throw away and it will make you happy, by all means, go right ahead. From a sheer vehicle standpoint, it sounds like you'd be happier with a GT. I basically am in your same position where I could trade in my mustang for a GT, but I can't justify trading in a vehcile that I haven't paid off entirely. I decided I'd cure my performance itch with some sort of moderate forced induction. Paying 4k to make myself happy as opposed to the 5k+ for a new downpayment + more interest made a lot of sense to me. But if ya got it, go for it.
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: need help with a decision....insurance company got back to me finally

First off --- Be safe overseas, and speedy return....

You will get raped at tradein and loose much more than a cost of the s/c installed - If I were you.... I would just get a s/c and you will be putting down some serious power - even more than most GT's even with Tunes, CIA, pulleys, etc....

But , then again to each his own and either way you can;t go wrong with a stang
tino
I ♥ Acer

Want more power ..... get a S/C .... keep your money. Keep the v6 it is "peppier".
Old 05-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

I say keep the V6 and buy some toys for it.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:18 PM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the reply's I think i may just stick with the powerhouse turbo when it comes out then and go that route. Funny the only debt i have is the 10gs from this car. The bank was like you can have any personal loan you want......up to 8000. I have alot of money I guess already into this car. The stereo system alone set me back 2000 and thats not including install. I havent even got to listen to it since i had it done about 3 months back. The rims were ohhhhhhhhh 2400 cough cough with tires....then the eibach kit was 200something plus install ehhhhh can ya see where im going. I may just as well keep it.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:27 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

I would think there are more things to consider. To me this is not a simple question. I don't want to know your personal info but there are to many unknown variables such as. Are you going to re-up in the service? Do you have a home (not provided by the military)? You have an awesome opportunity to save money and have it ready to invest in real estate or pay off the V6 totally. To have a paid off car would be awesome with such low miles. Then you could go out and get the new Shelby GT 500 and have two Mustangs. Anyway, I could go on but not without sounding like a financial advisor. Hopefully I brought up some points to consider.

Thank you for your service!!
Old 05-08-2006, 03:28 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Looks like you answered your own question.

Be careful out there.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:30 PM
w.nickelson
1st Gear Member

Keep the 6, get some power adders, blow the doors off the GTs and keep the lower insurance.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

You might check the trade-in on your car before getting too far down the road on a decision, KBB is usually a pretty good estimate:

http://www.kbb.com/

I think you'll be surprised at how low the trade-in value is on the V6. I was thinking about trading mine in on a GT about 6 months ago. The price was pretty good on the GT (about 2500 below sticker). But the trade-in value on my sixxer was a deal breaker. I stood to lose about 13k on my car which was about 11 months old at the time. When I thought about everything I could do to my car for 13k, I was like "forget it!!" [&:]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need help with a decision....insurance company got back to me finally