Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT take-offs duals installed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:14 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Default RE: GT take-offs duals installed!

Just ordered my Gt takeoffs last night, cant wait to receive them, i have an H pipe too, but welded, but hell, in 6 years when the tranny needs replacing and the tank is rusted though ill be rich

Paul
Old 05-11-2006, 01:15 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Afixer...mine is all welded on...shouldn't that be better though? Clamps tend to loosen up after time with all of that vibration too...You should still be able to drop the tank and differantial (if needed)...just a thought!
ORIGINAL: afixer

one question ? did he install clamps at the "H" or is it all welded? i hope he installed clamps so that it can all be removed. if you ever need service to your trany or to replace the fuel tank it helps.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:21 PM
WindVeil05DropTop
2nd Gear Member

skm52670,
Glad to hear it all worked out for you! We have basically the exact same exhaust setup. Sounds great after you get some more mileage on it as well. An intake and tune will gave it an even deeper or richer sound.

As for the gas tank/tranny thing, yes if the exhaust is welded they can't get to them without breaking the weld. I couldn't get the TSB for the gas tank fill problem because of this. But, no biggie.

And if I ever have tranny problems, who cares if they have to spend an extra 15 minutes cutting the exhaust, least of my worries.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:23 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

I agree!
ORIGINAL: WindVeil05DropTop

skm52670,
Glad to hear it all worked out for you! We have basically the exact same exhaust setup. Sounds great after you get some more mileage on it as well. An intake and tune will gave it an even deeper or richer sound.

As for the gas tank/tranny thing, yes if the exhaust is welded they can't get to them without breaking the weld. I couldn't get the TSB for the gas tank fill problem because of this. But, no biggie.

And if I ever have tranny problems, who cares if they have to spend an extra 15 minutes cutting the exhaust, least of my worries.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:51 PM
skm52670
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

one question ? did he install clamps at the "H" or is it all welded? i hope he installed clamps so that it can all be removed. if you ever need service to your trany or to replace the fuel tank it helps.
Yeah, it's all welded, except for the mufflers which are clamped. I'm not too worried about it though. For $188 installed I can live with welded joints. If a problem ever comes up, well, that's why they make cutting torches.

ORIGINAL: WindVeil05DropTop

skm52670,
Thanks! I'll put about 800 miles on it this weekend. Gotta go see Mom.
It's amazing what just changing the exhaust can do; I can tell the engine isn't as restricted. My next mod is gonna be the CAI and tune, but I'll have to save up for that one.

Old 05-12-2006, 02:22 AM
pcastle

I mapped it out and it's only 200 miles from me! Still think that it would be cheaper than $600. How long did it take to install?