Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

RICER

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 03:01 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: RICER

ORIGINAL: turk30213

1. Don't do like the honda boys do and put an Acura emblem on a Honda (ie. Dodge emblem on a Mustang).
Actually, Acura is a division of the Honda Motor Company. So it would be more like putting a Cadillac emblem on a Chevy.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Goliath
1st Gear Member

A ricer is someone who function follows form. Someone who tacks on aftermarket crap onto their car which exaggerate the part's intended performance is a ricer. Perfect examples are front fascias with a splitter/chin spoiler built in. Yes there is a function for these but having it flare out to the wheel wells and look like a snow plow is a little excessive. A spoiler does help w/ keeping the drive wheels down, but those huge wings are just added weight and on FWD cars, serve very little of their intended purpose. As for supra, STi, evo, etc. Those are factory rice. All of those listed cars come with absurdly large spoilers straight out of the box and styling that look like they came out of a video game (huge respect for their power, just missing torque). Basically it's people who follow the "if it looks fast, it is fast" mentality are ricers. Check it out on wikipedia, they've got a good definition.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:24 AM
CaSh69JuE
1st Gear Member

lol i like it, keep em comin if u guys can or if u feel something hasnt been mention.....btw a tiburon tried to race me yesterday, he had dual exhaust, he had injen racing, super street racing, alot more i just cant remember all over his car, dark blue, nice color, and on the back he had the name tiburon slanting from bottom left to top right, and where the H was on the back, he put a T, he tried to race me, reved his engine at a light, i looked at him but i knew the area and it wasnt worth it, there is always a cop someone, but he thought i was gonna race, and i was right, there was a cop, right behind him, so as he peels out and takes off, he gets pulled over, 2nd time almost this EXACT thing has happened....anywyay, nemore ricer definitions?
Old 05-11-2006, 01:23 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

im getting undercariage white lights OR yello to match my stripes, regardless of rice or not lol, i think they look awesome, its the only REDEAMING feature to Ricer cars.

All your other mods sound great too, do it to ur own specifications, as Fazm said, u will find it VERY hard to rice out a mustang because of its herritage. BUT WAIT.. THIS GUY HAS PROVED ME RONG!... http://i13.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/54/d0/17_1_sbl.JPG

if i ever see that spoiler on this forum im leaving forever
Old 05-11-2006, 01:37 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Ricers tradionally take a 4 cyl import & tweek it up to increase speed & looks. Ricers (Rice burners) are usually very flashy...it all started with the "Fast & The Furious" craze...everyone wanted to be like them. Mustangs, on the other hand, are known for raw power, looks & tradition...'Stangs have a very historic bloodline and it appears that it is here to stay. Ricers can be modified with cheap & inexpensive ways and they tend to produce. Also keep in mind, that kids really do not know about older muscle cars, they only really know what the see on the TV & Movies (Fast & the Furious anyone??)...Recently the bigger Ameircan manufactures came back with their retro looks to combat the ricer market..hence the Mustang, Challenger, Charger, PT Cruiser, and more. Mustangs stand for a long tradition of power, looks and history!
Old 05-11-2006, 01:44 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

well put
Old 05-11-2006, 02:01 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

It all sounds good except the under lights, to me THAT is the definition of RICE. Are you going to lower it? If you are going with low profile tires you will need to.
ORIGINAL: CaSh69JuE

ok so this is my plan, i have an 06 vista blue coupe with black leather interior, white racing stripes, white rocker panel stripes, hood pins, shorty antenna, prob white rims, prob the either roush or cervini window lavours and side scoops, and im tryin to do a custome exhaust that would be a cetner pipe out the back, porshe style...thats exterior, do the engine, C&L intake and tune, plenum cover, jba power cables, engine dress up kits(hoses) chrome caps for everything...that soudns like its about it, o and im paint the brake calipers vista blue, and the last thing i might do, is get white undercar lights....i just think that would excentuate the rest of the car....would all that be ricey by ur standards? because i know that the car people i talk to, think that would look crazy...
Old 05-11-2006, 02:48 PM
CaSh69JuE
1st Gear Member

im not gonna go with low profile tires, and i wanted to lower it but around my area, there are pot holes and speed bumps everywhere, just might not be worth it
Old 05-11-2006, 03:22 PM
ortcele
1st Gear Member

Rice is any anything you add to a car that does not add performance whether it is engine performance suspension handling performance or audio performance. Rice is also adding parts that are nonfunctional. Except for stickers because we all now stickers add 10 hp. Basically ricer is a car that is maid to look fast when it is not fast.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:36 PM
turk30213

ORIGINAL: Black GT

ORIGINAL: turk30213

1. Don't do like the honda boys do and put an Acura emblem on a Honda (ie. Dodge emblem on a Mustang).
Actually, Acura is a division of the Honda Motor Company. So it would be more like putting a Cadillac emblem on a Chevy.
I am aware of that. I'm merely stating that it looks retarded...

-Erik-

Quick Reply: RICER