Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Why are some people so stupid?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 05:31 PM
stangmomasc
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Why are some people so stupid?

She didn't do anything wrong....he was stupid @sshole who thought he would mess with a woman in a Mustang......good for you girl...stand your ground.....
Old 05-12-2006, 05:39 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangmomasc

She didn't do anything wrong....he was stupid @sshole who thought he would mess with a woman in a Mustang......good for you girl...stand your ground.....
+1

as long as my daughter wasn't in the car, i would have done the same thing.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Big Studly
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: JStang78

ORIGINAL: Big Studly

maybe you were driving too slow
People typically "drive too slow" at red lights.
yes, and people pulling up after someone at a red light are often behind them in traffic, and in a construction laden area, it is usually hard to pass, especially in traffic...not to metion she was obviously the first person in line at the red light.....

is it possible she was driving slow for a while before pulling up to the red light and this dude didn't want to be stuck in traffic behind her, so he cut her off?`

thank you come again
Old 05-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

maybe you were driving too slow
People typically "drive too slow" at red lights.
yes, and people pulling up after someone at a red light are often behind them in traffic, and in a construction laden area, it is usually hard to pass, especially in traffic...not to metion she was obviously the first person in line at the red light.....

is it possible she was driving slow for a while before pulling up to the red light and this dude didn't want to be stuck in traffic behind her, so he cut her off?`

thank you come again
No actually he was beside me with a good nose length ahead of me. (Like I said I thought he was trying to make a right turn) I dont know how the hell he squeezed in beside me becuase the curb was torn up and it was only one lane in each direction so it was a 2 lane road. And yes my car is slow off the line (my 2003 Monte Carlo SS is quicker) and my car is not set up to race so I would never do it and I wasnt expecting him to race me. I didnt give him any sign that I wanted to race - it was all his stupidity. I just got pissed at what had just happened to me that I needed to get back infront of him.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Big Studly
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Wicked Pony

....I'm driving home from work today and I'm waiting at this stop light on this 2 lane road. So this a-hole in a last gen Camaro vert (who was behind me for awhile) pulls up to the right of me....
not what you said initially.....
Old 05-12-2006, 07:12 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

....I'm driving home from work today and I'm waiting at this stop light on this 2 lane road. So this a-hole in a last gen Camaro vert (who was behind me for awhile) pulls up to the right of me....
I don't see a discrepancy. It makes perfect sense, actually (but then again, I drive down a very similar road every day, so...).

The guy was proceeding through the two-lane (one lane in each direction) behind her. At the red light, he pulled to the right, perhaps on a soft shoulder or where they are doing construction, or where the curb turns out to let people make right turns without having to wait for traffic proceeding straight forward. Instead of making a right turn, he went straight.

Wicked can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the mental picture I'm drawing.

Oh yeah, and around here, if you hit the gas RIGHT when the light turns green, it'll only be a matter of time until you're dead or close to dead. Truckers (among others) do not understand the concept of the yellow light, much less the red one, around here.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

Sorry I mis quoted myself but when I said he was behind me I meant that he was going the same way as I was for a long time - almost since I pulled out of my parking lot. I was still reeling when I wrote my first post.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

I don't see a discrepancy. It makes perfect sense, actually (but then again, I drive down a very similar road every day, so...).

The guy was proceeding through the two-lane (one lane in each direction) behind her. At the red light, he pulled to the right, perhaps on a soft shoulder or where they are doing construction, or where the curb turns out to let people make right turns without having to wait for traffic proceeding straight forward. Instead of making a right turn, he went straight.

Oh yeah, and around here, if you hit the gas RIGHT when the light turns green, it'll only be a matter of time until you're dead or close to dead. Truckers (among others) do not understand the concept of the yellow light, much less the red one, around here.
Yes that is correct!
Old 05-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Big Studly
I ♥ Acer

Thank you captain obvious.......now, imagine her driving slow, and the guy behind her getting pissed and wanting to get around her....hence, the agressive move at the light.....

now, I am not saying that is what she did, but it is totally plausable......I am simply responding to the dumb comment about everyone driving slow up to a read light....

maybe she was driving slow for a few miles....hell, I hate when people do that and I kind of applaud the guy for being agressive and getting around her.....not that it was a smart move, but who knows, I might have done the same thing, and even more likely that I have...

Drive like you stole it.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:23 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

now, I am not saying that is what she did, but it is totally plausable......I am simply responding to the dumb comment about everyone driving slow up to a read light....
funny i have never heard of a read light..but i have heard of a red light

Quick Reply: Why are some people so stupid?