Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Does Bamachips EVER answer email?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 01:14 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: Does Bamachips EVER answer email?

ORIGINAL: LX200

LX200
Wow... I have never sent so many emails over an extended period of time to a business and been ignorned. Does he answer you email after you buy? Does he answer you email after you order, or do you just sort of wait a month or so and maybe something will show up?
Too bad LX200 didn't pick up the phone number listed on Bamachip's website and call up to ask if his emails had gone through. I know I would have called the business if my emails went unanswered for several weeks. All this childish behavior could have been avoided (and I am not limiting that comment to just him). I can think of muuch better forms of entertainment
Old 05-12-2006, 01:16 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

[sm=grinangel.gif] I am a very Bad boy. sorry
Old 05-12-2006, 01:43 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

afixer Date 5/12/2006 11:16:58 AM
I am a very Bad boy. sorry
I wasn't directing my comment on "childish behavior" at you, afixer. I have a lot of respect for you Tom. Your comments are usually very informative and helpful to this forum (and your car is awesome!).

Obviously, LX200 needs to buy a flamesuit. But before his posts digressed into name calling, he got slapped around on page 1 of this post by a few guys, and he fired back the only way he knew how. Sometimes we take things a little too seriously, IMO.

Love my Oh Five ragtop!
Old 05-12-2006, 04:21 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I have heard good things on all the boards from the following tuners:

-Bamachips
-Alternative Auto
-Evolution
-Brenspeed
-JMP Tuning
-Powerhouse
-Excessive
-MRT

So just pick the one you like the best, they are all good and you can't go wrong with any of them. And don't bash on Afixer, he has been contributing to the 4.0 community since the car came out. But these are all good tuners, why argue about them. There is only one way to put this argument to rest, details as follows:

1. Get two cars, with the exact same mods, with same options, tranny, etc.
2. Take both cars to the same track (so envir. conditions are the same for both)
3. Do a 1/4 mile race and see which tune wins

Since this is unlikely to happen, if you are happy with your tuner then great, reccomend it and move on.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:24 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

Just read this whole thread. That was pretty darn funny. Afixer, are you close to Norco? I work there and I remember you saying you test -ran the AFE, which I believe is in Corona. Just wondering. Always nice to have someone local if you ever have a question.

[IMG]local://upfiles/32397/33F7C87198AF48869A3DE69540535CA3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/32397/2378C03F1B3D4A24B3835CD4F5FDDBE3.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-12-2006, 04:25 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

todd ,

your my Hero!
such a level headed post.
damn i should have done that!
Old 05-12-2006, 04:28 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

todd ,

your my Hero!
such a level headed post.
damn i should have done that!
Yea, level headed, you should have seen my post in "I'm so pissed" a few minutes ago. LOL. So whats next for the car, you considering the center fog light kit that you tested for Street Scene?
Old 05-12-2006, 04:36 PM
WindVeil05DropTop
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

-Bamachips
-Alternative Auto
-Evolution
-Brenspeed
-JMP Tuning
-Powerhouse
-Excessive
-MRT

So just pick the one you like the best, they are all good and you can't go wrong with any of them. And don't bash on Afixer, he has been contributing to the 4.0 community since the car came out. But these are all good tuners, why argue about them. There is only one way to put this argument to rest, details as follows:

2. Take both cars to the same track (so envir. conditions are the same for both)

Since this is unlikely to happen, if you are happy with your tuner then great, reccomend it and move on.

These cars vary in performance, car to car. Easiest way to do a shootout would be to get an SCT, load a Bamachips, Alternative, and Evolution tune. Make several passes with each tune and average the time.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:46 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WindVeil05DropTop

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

-Bamachips
-Alternative Auto
-Evolution
-Brenspeed
-JMP Tuning
-Powerhouse
-Excessive
-MRT

These cars vary in performance, car to car. Easiest way to do a shootout would be to get an SCT, load a Bamachips, Alternative, and Evolution tune. Make several passes with each tune and average the time.

wow all the super heros come out in the morning!

great idea Wind
Old 05-12-2006, 05:12 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

a tool? Wow, that hurt.
I'd suggest a girlfriend next time. []

In all seriousness, however, I like reading the negatives about things I consider buying, be it a cd or a mod for the car. It took a while, but I finally found some negative posts about the flash tuners...just because after reading the good ones, alright, now I know what to get excited about. But what's out there that can shoot me down? What could I encounter that might **** me off? What could end up being a endless money pit or constant pain? Everything is not going to work for everyone all the time and some people have better luck than others...so it's a good place to come from if you at least have an idea of what could go wrong.

That said, it's much more constructive when the criticism actually relates to the product, and is not basically an advertisment for the fact that the person complaining is doing so after only going through half the proper channels. As others said, there was a phone number that you could have called. That's what I've done in the past (very similar situation: submitted a comment through a "Contact Us" website, got no response, so I called them...and got a response).