DANG!!! I HAD A LITTLE PARKING LOT INCIDENT - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005-2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

DANG!!! I HAD A LITTLE PARKING LOT INCIDENT

Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

DANG!!! I HAD A LITTLE PARKING LOT INCIDENT

Old 05-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: DANG!!! I HAD A LITTLE PARKING LOT INCIDENT

What damages were there to the woman's car?

Are you going to have to pay for it?
Old 05-13-2006, 06:15 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

www.paintscratch.com is USUALY very good, 3 experiences with the, the latest being not perfect.. paint for rockers was SLIGHTLY light but worked just fine with the clear coat and buff, hardly noticable.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:50 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I used a clear coat pen on the scratches I have. I accidentally globbed it on twice, wiped some of it off, and tried again. Not all that bad, but you can tell that an amatuer did it. I'll try the fine sand paper approach.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:54 AM
V6Vert
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear that Will, I bet you wanted cry. I bought some touch up paint for my windveil blue car from the dealer and the new stuff has a brush applicater and a fine tip pen all in one. It matches pretty pretty good too (color wise) in my opinion and the pen part is really good to outline the area you filling in. Take everyone elses advise and take your time and do it in stages. I think you'll be pleased with the outcome. It may still be a little bit noticable, but you'll have to really look close to see it. Good luck!
Old 05-14-2006, 01:29 AM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

thanks guys..........well here's the thing.......when i was backing up i heard "beep.......crunch"........she blew her horn at me and then i heard what sounded like my bumper cracking......

so i get out of my car and walk back to look at hers.....and her car has HUGE scratches and rusted scrapes all down the driver's side......so i start flippin out..
then i peek around at the passenger side of my rear bumper and there's like 2 or 3 small scratches and a small scuff on the body of the car.... the "major" damage is on the platic bumper cover...but its really not bad at all....
Thank God she didnt try to claim that i did all that to her car.....it was some nice little black lady....she said "well child u didnt even look did ya?" with almost a grin...and i was like yes ma'am i did but u were in my blind spot and she was like "well ok honey u be careful now"

so basically i've got like 2 or 3 small scratches on the bumper cover that are no more than 1.5 inches long and about 1 or 2cm wide.......
they're hardly noticeable if you're not looking hard, so i'm not worried......i'd post a pic but when i took one earlier today the scratches didn't show up in the pic lol