Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Inertia

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 06:08 PM
chipschwab
2nd Gear Member

Default Inertia

Im going light weight on everything that spins making the inertia lower thus putting more power from the engine to the wheels. Down anyone have any information on: 1. Lightweight Drive Shafts
2. 8" Clutches
3. Lightweight Flywheels
I already have on order a set of light rims and tires so i have that covered. Anything im missing that i could lighten up ?
Old 05-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Inertia

Thread stealer! LOL! Powerhouse may be working on an aluminum V6 driveshaft. I contacted them and Mike is checking for me now. He did say that they are using the stock V6 driveshaft and running 11s.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:17 PM
chipschwab
2nd Gear Member

An aluminum driveshaft would be sucha nice upgrade!!! Our shaft weighs in at about 44 pounds!! the 2004 shaft weighs in about 23, and i believe aluminums are normally around 15? The upgrade would be a must if they make it.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: chipschwab

An aluminum driveshaft would be sucha nice upgrade!!! Our shaft weighs in at about 44 pounds!! the 2004 shaft weighs in about 23, and i believe aluminums are normally around 15? The upgrade would be a must if they make it.
Maybe a few people should contact Mike and tell him they are interested. Hopefully he will.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:25 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Lets see....

Are you going to use the rear seats? ....... if not Yank them out ....

Lighter springs..... believe stock are heavy.

AC , Radio out !!!

Rear Axel..... way heavy..... oops..... wait you will need that one.... lol.

Seriously, Do you want to keep the appereance of the car or are you more interested in removing weight?
Old 05-08-2006, 07:20 PM
chipschwab
2nd Gear Member

Well since im only removing weight from the driveline that doesnt matter with the appearence....Plus removing the rear seat only removes 10lbs, if that.. I did not say anything about removing interior weight.. Do you realise how much power and acceleration is gained by lightening up all the moving parts???? Read before you talk.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:23 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chipschwab

Well since im only removing weight from the driveline that doesnt matter with the appearence....Plus removing the rear seat only removes 10lbs, if that.. I did not say anything about removing interior weight.. Do you realise how much power and acceleration is gained by lightening up all the moving parts???? Read before you talk.

I think he was trying to be friendly, ur snide and rude remark has now spoiled ur chances of real help.

Paul
Old 05-08-2006, 07:33 PM
05 Silvertible
2nd Gear Member

Geez SCHWAB....lighten up he was only asking u to be more specific....dont be a terd!
Old 05-08-2006, 09:59 PM
chipschwab
2nd Gear Member

Lol i wasnt being mean either. I was just trying to point it out. My bad for how that came out. Sorry
Old 05-09-2006, 01:16 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

get rid of your spare, and put your battery in the trunk... better weight distribution lol

no but serisouly.. for rims get some 15's

carbon fiber hood and bady parts

Quick Reply: Inertia