Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Procharger set up

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 11:36 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Procharger set up

Still looking for a price and time to install. Can I purchase it of ebay?
Old 05-12-2006, 11:42 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

what is the basic difference between Vortex and procharger? Vortex seems lower price.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:08 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

the m90? sweet, i had one on my GTP... are all the Eaton m90s all the same? or different for different applications??

Also... WHEN IS IT COMING ON THE MARKET?! and ball park figure?

Paul
Old 05-13-2006, 12:09 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

With the increasing number of blown FI engines (yeah... there's only been a few), I think a 7psi boost is a great way to go... especially with the 3 core intercooler. Keep these motors safe and runnin' for years!
Old 05-13-2006, 01:57 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

With the increasing number of blown FI engines (yeah... there's only been a few), I think a 7psi boost is a great way to go... especially with the 3 core intercooler. Keep these motors safe and runnin' for years!
Yea exactly my thought.Leaning towards the 7psi more and more for DD. The vortech looks like a great charger but I don't like the fact it taps into the oil pan. Other than that it seems good.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:29 AM
V6Vert
1st Gear Member

forgive me all if this is a stupid question, but i know absolutly nothing about s/c's. Is our 4.0 the same design as the 4.0 ford puts into the rangers (or did I don't know if they still do). The reason I ask, is a freind of mine used to have a splash and he said alot of people were putting s/c's on them. where i live there are tons of flooded out katrina vehicles and since I know a guy who owns a junk yard and goes to auctions all the time was wondering if he were able to find a s/c'd 4.0 ranger, could i put the s/c on my mustang? theres just know way i'll ever, ever be able to fork over the cash for a new setup.

also, I apologize for getting off your topic, just sounded like you guys would be the ones to ask.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:56 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net
Yea exactly my thought.Leaning towards the 7psi more and more for DD. The vortech looks like a great charger but I don't like the fact it taps into the oil pan. Other than that it seems good.
7 psi with the upgraded intercooler should be a really safe daily driver and still be loads o' fun! Probably still stomp a few stock and lightly modded GT's!

I've been thinking about the Vortech tapping into the oil pan and it doesn't bother me as much these days. First, it's a bit less maintenence since the supercharger oil will be changed with every oil change. As long as I'm not doing the tapping! I trust my installer LOL!

Right now I'm going back and forth between the Vortech and the X-charger... we'll see what happens in the next month or so...
Old 05-13-2006, 10:22 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

[/quote]

7 psi with the upgraded intercooler should be a really safe daily driver and still be loads o' fun! Probably still stomp a few stock and lightly modded GT's!

I've been thinking about the Vortech tapping into the oil pan and it doesn't bother me as much these days. First, it's a bit less maintenence since the supercharger oil will be changed with every oil change. As long as I'm not doing the tapping! I trust my installer LOL!

Right now I'm going back and forth between the Vortech and the X-charger... we'll see what happens in the next month or so...
[/quote]

LoL I like the xcharger but there they don't provide an intercooler. I wouldn't be doing my install if my life depended on it! lol I just feel like over the years the oil line would leak, get clogged or something of that natured. Plus my guy installs the prochager on GT's all day so he'll have more of an idea of whats he's doing installation wise and tuning wise. Procharger just firs my agenda lol
Old 05-13-2006, 11:10 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

when adding any sort of pro charger do you have to switch to premium gas??
Old 05-13-2006, 11:23 AM
V6Vert
1st Gear Member

I have no answer to your question, just wanted to coment on how clean your car is. I think I see my reflection in your bumper lol...

Quick Reply: Procharger set up