Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

NEW Cobra Hood

Old 05-12-2006, 11:32 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default NEW Cobra Hood

Ok one last hood poll I swear

This hood is not out yet but will be soon what do you guys think of this hood?

This is one of only two pictures out and gives the better view of the two.

Old 05-12-2006, 11:34 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: NEW Cobra Hood

Hehe.. can barely see the hood there. But of all the hoods I've seen, that one, the Shelby CS6 one, and California Dream one are the best.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:11 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

It's hard to see the hood... and difficult to get past all the other fugly body kit and spoiler ripped off a Honda.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:24 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

It will look great on our cars.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:35 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

+1 WTF is with the Lambo doors? That thing is UGLY!
ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

It's hard to see the hood... and difficult to get past all the other fugly body kit and spoiler ripped off a Honda.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:40 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

TJ,

Have you considered the Steeda hood, it looks pretty good IMO:

Old 05-13-2006, 12:59 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

For those of you who have added a new hood... how hard is it to get a paint match? Seems like when replacing a hood, it better match nuts on, or it will stick out like a sore thumb. Of course, if replacing with a black hood, that wouldn't be an issue. What are the replacement hoods typically made of? Fiberglass? Aluminum? The stock hood is aluminum, right?
Old 05-13-2006, 02:50 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Do you have a better pic of the hood? It's about the only thing on that car that looks interesting to me.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:33 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

Do you have a better pic of the hood? It's about the only thing on that car that looks interesting to me.
Agreed. I'd take a close look at this hood and the CA Dream hood. Definitely getting a new hood, maybe later this year.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:55 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Spartain
Hehe.. can barely see the hood there. But of all the hoods I've seen, that one, the Shelby CS6 one, and California Dream one are the best.
I know if find a better pic or anyone else please post it, yea the CS6 is still on my list of hoods but also like this Cobra hood just need to it at more angles and more pics.

For those of you who have added a new hood... how hard is it to get a paint match? Seems like when replacing a hood, it better match nuts on, or it will stick out like a sore thumb. Of course, if replacing with a black hood, that wouldn't be an issue. What are the replacement hoods typically made of? Fiberglass? Aluminum? The stock hood is aluminum, right?
Matching shouldn’t be a problem since no time for fading the one hard color at times is silver, believe it or not you can have black not match but is not common.

hamdlmt
Do you have a better pic of the hood? It's about the only thing on that car that looks interesting to me

I have another small partial pic of the hood but you can really see the hood better on this pic vs the other. If I find a better pic in the coming weeks I will post it.

Rygen
It will look great on our cars.
No doubt this hood has potential I need to see more pics, different angles and with the hood down. I remember seeing this hood for the first time recently about 6 months ago on a 03 Mustang in a parking lot had to hit the brakes hard and back up, this hood really did it for me the older Stang it look nice!

On the cowl I have seen that one but I want to stay with a Mustang style hood for this car but thanks for the pic, right now for me looks to be between the CS6 and possibly the Cobra.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEW Cobra Hood