Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X CHARGER

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 08:52 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default RE: X CHARGER

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

i can see mid thirteens...definately. If afixer is running high 13's and he has an auto, a stick could do a little better. Plus they are still screwing around with his tune aren't they? and he is open dif. I can definately see mid 13's, if not with the cali version, the HO version will be in mid 13's for sure.
He never ran a high thirteen in the 1/4 yet just the 1/8 they estamited his 1/4 time off the 1/8 time need to see a real run on the 1/4. Hey I hope I am wrong and he runs a mid thirteen I will differently think about the X charger at that point. IMO I like the X charger nice low end boost/HP&TQ and it looks ( show and go)nice!
Old 05-14-2006, 09:32 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

i can see mid thirteens...definately. If afixer is running high 13's and he has an auto, a stick could do a little better. Plus they are still screwing around with his tune aren't they? and he is open dif. I can definately see mid 13's, if not with the cali version, the HO version will be in mid 13's for sure.
As TJ pointed out, no official 1/4 time... but based on the estimate I came up with he's running about a 14 flat.. Watching the videos it looks like even though he had an open diff he got a pretty good launch... I think he actually had a pretty descent 60'. He maybe able to get to mid-13's but it will take some work I think... I also think this tune is pretty well set....

Now... personally I think the X-Charger looks very cool up on top... and I love the low end grunt... but for me I think next year (when the "built" motor is done) we'll want to crank the boost way up... so I think a centrifigal with a charger cooler is going to be the way to go... LOL

Old 05-15-2006, 12:40 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

so the X charger not making alot of hp or not making great ET's and having no intercooler SHOULD make it ALOT MORE affordable, otherwise i cant see them selling any... to me a 13.7 second car would be AWESOME.. im used to 1.3 liter economy cars (im english).

Paul
Old 05-15-2006, 01:05 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ya i agree. if the xcharger was 3k, it would sell a lot, but at nearing 4k.. i just dont see it.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:41 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: TJ

I can't see it I know he did a 9.1 in the 1/8 or 2/100's under that even with a gear and LSD I just don't see mid thirteens. I like to see him run the 1/4 time track even without the gear then we would have ideal even witout the gear and LSD. I hope I am wrong but we will see in time but I just don't see it with the 3.00 pulley @ 6psi.

If I remember correctly reading the dyno sheet from the X Charger results it followed a GT pretty close but was still slightly under the GT's HP & TQ curve though out the dyno run match up and that's part of what makes me think he will run high 13's to low 14's.

Plus, after only running the 1/8, you don't know if he's got the power to keep that momentum going throughout the 1/4. It may run out of gas so to speak in the last 1/8, we just don't know. We do know that they make great power down low.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:46 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

someone give me a tissue! my nose is bleeding!
Old 05-15-2006, 02:04 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Don't sell the X-Charger down the river just yet, we've only seen some very preliminary numbers and nothing on the 49 state version yet. The only ET times posted were from Tom and he said straight up that he's running an auto, open rear and no suspension mod's. The X-C may be the moderate power adder you guys are painting it to be, but it may be a lot more powerful then you're giving it credit for as well. Time will tell
Old 05-15-2006, 02:55 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

Wow, I believe as time goes by that when more people ACTUALLY get these s/c's and turbo's installed, we will actually see what can be done with them, a lot of speculation and questions right now, I think with custom dyno tuning for individual cars will produce a wide variety of results. Fazm is in one of the hottest spots, if he checks on the wrong day his numbers will be bad, IMO. I have made my decision and will be installing a s/c sometime soon, these were the things I considered and let me focus on which one was best for my car

must be smog legal
reasonable price
warranty
maintenance
installation
impact on life of motor
bang for the buck

I hope you guys all get yours soon and see what happens, when I had my car dyno tuned I gained a lot of info, every car responds a little bit differently and the tune can make a huge difference,

Lets get the checkbooks, credit cards, savings accounts open and get going! LOL

Old 05-15-2006, 07:12 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Ok after reading some of the posts I am going to write a lengthy post taking a closer look at the X Charger either later today this evening or possible tomorrow (busy day today) to share my thoughts and get your feedback and thoughts from you guys.

For the record Tres : ) if the comment was meant for me I am not writing off the X Charger it is a success IMO as it stands right now for reasons I will post later. I also respect your opinion per some of your other posts so hope to hear some response from you along with others.

Affixer not sure what the nose meant but I do like the X Charger and am not degrading it at all!
Old 05-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

TJ, I wasn't singling you out at all, there seems to be a consensus out there that the X-C is a failure because the numbers do not compare favorably to the Vortech or Procharger. While in the end the X-C may indeed prove to be underpowered compared to the competition, the point I am trying to make is that we should all keep open minds until all the data is in. Right now all we have are some preliminary numbers and a few time slips, and all I'm saying is that isn't enough to dismiss the X-C as being underpowered. I'll be honest with you, if the 49 state version comes out and a V6 set up with that version and a locker rear is turning 14's, I won't buy one. But I'm still taking a "wait and see" approach towards this.

Quick Reply: X CHARGER