Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X CHARGER

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 01:10 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: X CHARGER

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

TJ, I wasn't singling you out at all, there seems to be a consensus out there that the X-C is a failure because the numbers do not compare favorably to the Vortech or Procharger. While in the end the X-C may indeed prove to be underpowered compared to the competition, the point I am trying to make is that we should all keep open minds until all the data is in. Right now all we have are some preliminary numbers and a few time slips, and all I'm saying is that isn't enough to dismiss the X-C as being underpowered. I'll be honest with you, if the 49 state version comes out and a V6 set up with that version and a locker rear is turning 14's, I won't buy one. But I'm still taking a "wait and see" approach towards this.
I agree, but I do need to make one point. Based on the numbers it currently puts out, and the fact that it is priced the same as its competitiors, I think the cost on the unit needs to come down to at least 3200. Just my opinion. I think if they do this, it will sell like hot cakes, but at it's current price/performance ratio, I don't see them selling a whole lot of these.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:30 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

I just e-mailed powerdyne http://www.proficientperformance.com...ode=K10199-101

They have superchargers for V8's but no V6's. Wanted to see if they plan to make one for V6 and the price range. On ebay, we can purchase Powerdyne superchargers for 2700 for Mustang GT so if one for V6 comes out and sells for under 3K they would make a killing.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

There is a V6 supercharger setup being sold by Dashworks that uses the Powerdyne head unit:

http://dashworks.net/mustang.htm

As has been discussed before this system is largely shrouded in mystery, no one has surfaced that is running one of these and the only place they've been seen for sale is on eBay.

Old 05-15-2006, 04:03 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

kind of affordable, too bad no one researched it yet. I think I'll take on the task.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:33 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

here is the response that I got.

"We do have a kit for you. Do you have a particular budget you are looking to spend so we know what kit to set you up with? What other performance mods if any have you already done to your Mustang?

We have some of the best prices in the country on brand new high performance parts for domestic and import applications. Please feel free to contact us with your needs.

You can contact us at sales@musclemotors.com or (818) 888-7778 (8:30am - 6:00pm M-F PST) for more information or to place your order today.

Jack @ MMP Sales

Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.

jack@musclemotors.com

http://www.musclemotors.com

(818)888-7778

"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"

Old 05-15-2006, 04:38 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thatstang

here is the response that I got.

"We do have a kit for you. Do you have a particular budget you are looking to spend so we know what kit to set you up with? What other performance mods if any have you already done to your Mustang?

We have some of the best prices in the country on brand new high performance parts for domestic and import applications. Please feel free to contact us with your needs.

You can contact us at sales@musclemotors.com or (818) 888-7778 (8:30am - 6:00pm M-F PST) for more information or to place your order today.

Jack @ MMP Sales

jack@musclemotors.com

(818)888-7778

Interesting that they don't have fixed pricing for non-cooled vs. cooled units. Makes me wonder what kind of margin they have on the units, and if they can be haggled down (this also concerns me). It will be interesting to see how this one pans out.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:38 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

Check this out.

For $2999.99 shipped to your door we can set you up with the Vortech Supercharger Kit w/ fuel injectors, fuel pump and program for your XCal2.

Jack @ MMP Sales

jack@musclemotors.com

(818)888-7778

Old 05-15-2006, 04:43 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Check this out.

For $2999.99 shipped to your door we can set you up with the Vortech Supercharger Kit w/ fuel injectors, fuel pump and program for your XCal2.

Jack @ MMP Sales

jack@musclemotors.com

(818)888-7778

Wow, that is the best price I have seen on the non-cooled version.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:10 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

trying to cut a group buy. Will keep you posted. I will list all the specs and discount the fuel pump. Our pump should be enough.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:04 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Check this out.

Jack @ MMP Sales

jack@musclemotors.com

(818)888-7778

Wow, that is the best price I have seen on the non-cooled version.

Yah thats why i was wondering if the X-Charger would be cheaper than all the others.... 3k seems alot for what its being made out to be... but as u have sed a million time, WHO KNOWS! price is gonna be the deciding factor tho no doubt...

Paul

Quick Reply: X CHARGER