MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   X CHARGER (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/127768-x-charger.html)

Dats1NiceMustang 05-14-2006 12:16 PM

X CHARGER

So when is this Eaton X charger finally coming to a retailer near you

hamidlmt 05-14-2006 01:10 PM

RE: X CHARGER

They're shooting for the beginning of June, last I heard.

paulboy16 05-14-2006 03:12 PM

YAY.... all i need now is 4 grand

GIDDEUP 05-14-2006 06:26 PM

Anyone heard anything more about it. Seems like all the hype on it has died down over this last week. Any news on the HO 49 state version or any pricing yet?

fazm 05-14-2006 06:30 PM

most of the hype died down becacuse of the numbers it put out. Lots of people were hoping for high numbers from it, not realizing it was a 6psi non intercooled roots blower.... probably the most inneficient style of power adder out there. But for a street car, its lots of fun. This FI option is not for those wantin fast et's at the track, its for those that want a fun daily driver with more oomph. In my book, thats a lot of money to still be stuck running in the mid to high 13s.

TNT1968 05-14-2006 06:38 PM

Kinda like buying a GT.

TJ 05-14-2006 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: fazm

most of the hype died down becacuse of the numbers it put out. Lots of people were hoping for high numbers from it, not realizing it was a 6psi non intercooled roots blower.... probably the most inneficient style of power adder out there. But for a street car, its lots of fun. This FI option is not for those wantin fast et's at the track, its for those that want a fun daily driver with more oomph. In my book, thats a lot of money to still be stuck running in the mid to high 13s.

I don't see mid to high 13's maybe very high 13's to low 14's.

rygenstormlocke 05-14-2006 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: TJ

Well with an conservative tune, open diff and stock gearing, Afixer was skating the 13.9/14.0 line. So with better tires, firmed up auto tune, lsd and some 3.73's, I think mid 13's are doable. I went from a 13.9 down to a 13.6 by firming up my shifts on my auto tranny.

TJ 05-14-2006 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: TJ

Well with an conservative tune, open diff and stock gearing, Afixer was skating the 13.9/14.0 line. So with better tires, firmed up auto tune, lsd and some 3.73's, I think mid 13's are doable. I went from a 13.9 down to a 13.6 by firming up my shifts on my auto tranny.
I can't see it I know he did a 9.1 in the 1/8 or 2/100's under that even with a gear and LSD I just don't see mid thirteens. I like to see him run the 1/4 time track even without the gear then we would have ideal even witout the gear and LSD. I hope I am wrong but we will see in time but I just don't see it with the 3.00 pulley @ 6psi.

If I remember correctly reading the dyno sheet from the X Charger results it followed a GT pretty close but was still slightly under the GT's HP & TQ curve though out the dyno run match up and that's part of what makes me think he will run high 13's to low 14's.

8cd03gro 05-14-2006 08:48 PM

i can see mid thirteens...definately. If afixer is running high 13's and he has an auto, a stick could do a little better. Plus they are still screwing around with his tune aren't they? and he is open dif. I can definately see mid 13's, if not with the cali version, the HO version will be in mid 13's for sure.