Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Lookin @ a Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 02:12 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Lookin @ a Mustang

http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroa...stang-v-6.html
Old 05-15-2006, 03:34 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

Lets' go with the cons first...

1-Dash materials are cheap, ans scratch easily. But i had this same complaint about my RSX, so maybe it's mw

2-I hate, hate the drive by wire system the Mustang and most new cars use, delays throttle response A tuner can reduce this lad, but unfortunatly not eliminate it totally.

3- Like everyone has said, no trunk release in the car.

4-Like most cars, stock tires suck and not too crazy about the stock rims, though they're ones i can live with for now.

5-For the retro feel i guess, Ford went with a speedo that only goes to 125, stock the speed limiter is 113 or so, that can be removed by a tuner.

The pros-

1- Everything else, lol. Rides like a dream, enough power to net low 15's stock, looks increadible, decent gas milage for a v6...my personal favorite, the sound of the engine, even stock. No its not the v8 sound, but it does give a nice rumble

As for the mods, a simple 800- invesment in a tuner/ CAI and axleback can net 30-40 rwhp, and much the same in tq. Why an axleback and not a catback? The stock exhaust piping actually flows well on this car, but the muffler really bottlenecks that flow.

With the pony package, it is only available on 06's, and consists of a new upper grille with smaller GT like fogs and chrome bezels, 17" bullitt rims w/ Pirellis <like the GT gets>, rear spoiler, GT sway bars, and side emblems.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:33 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Still don't trust us? Here's another online review...

http://cars.about.com/od/ford/fr/ag_05stangV6.htm
Old 05-15-2006, 05:35 AM
DoYourEssay

In terms of getting a new stang, here's what I did: go to edmunds.com That site gives you the true market value (what people are actually paying for it) the msrp (rip-off) and the dealer invoice (what they paid for it.)

If your dealer has an internet sales manager, (most do, and their job is to move inventory, NOT make money) e-mail him the figures you got from the website. If not, just print out the paperwork, walk into the showroom, and settle for nothing less. There isn't anything they can say to argue...you have their invoice.

The dealer hold-back (money they get from the factory for selling the car) is about $600. If you mention this, you may be able to talk 'em down a little more.

That's what I did, got my 06 pony pkg 'stang, and could be more happy with it...alright, the trunk release thing is annoying, but oh well. And about the, "Mod-fever" .......get ready. I've barely had mine a month and have aready ordered a borla muffler and x-cal 2.

Bottom line - DO the homework, get THE MUSTANG!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:56 AM
S.SubZero
1st Gear Member

My only major cons involve the absolutely brutal basicness of the car. The stalk antenna, the lack of automatic headlights, no radio controls on the steering wheel.. Satellite radio is only becoming an option for 2007. If you can get used to not having perks that a $25K car from 10 years ago has, you should be fine. But hey, there's always the Mycolor dash lights! -.-;

My gas mileage is horrendous but I do alot of short-distance citylike driving. I barely break 17mpg but then again I only fill up every 2-3 weeks.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:23 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

You're only driving 250 miles every 2 to 3 weeks and you complain about steering wheel radio controls? You can't have time to change stations as little as you're in the car!
[quote]ORIGINAL: S.SubZero

My only major cons involve the absolutely brutal basicness of the car. The stalk antenna, the lack of automatic headlights, no radio controls on the steering wheel.. Satellite radio is only becoming an option for 2007. If you can get used to not having perks that a $25K car from 10 years ago has, you should be fine. But hey, there's always the Mycolor dash lights! -.-;

My gas mileage is horrendous but I do alot of short-distance citylike driving. I barely break 17mpg but then again I only fill up every 2-3 weeks.
[/quote