Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

how hard is it to steel our Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 07:06 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

Default how hard is it to steel our Mustang?

My next door neighbor informed me that their older Mustang was stolen from the driway a few years ago and they cautioned me to watch my car. We leave in a very good neighborhood and that realy bothers me. How hard is it to steel our new Mustangs? Theirs was a late 90's GT and alarm didn't even go off on it.
Currently I have no alarm and was thinking of getting one. Any recommendations? Anyone installed a kill switch?
I lost a Supra many years ago and hate to go through this again.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:10 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Default RE: how hard is it to steel our Mustang?

put an alarm on the car an use the club....
Old 05-14-2006, 07:17 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

my supra was stolen with club and alarm. They towed it at night.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:19 PM
MattyJ
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thatstang

My next door neighbor informed me that their older Mustang was stolen from the driway a few years ago and they cautioned me to watch my car. We leave in a very good neighborhood and that realy bothers me. How hard is it to steel our new Mustangs? Theirs was a late 90's GT and alarm didn't even go off on it.
Currently I have no alarm and was thinking of getting one. Any recommendations? Anyone installed a kill switch?
I lost a Supra many years ago and hate to go through this again.
About as hard as it is to Titanium it. [sm=trust_me.gif]

But seriously, with the transponder keys, its damn near impossible to start these babies up without the correct key. Now of course they can always bust in your window and steal your radio or be gutsy and put it up on a flatbed, but that's the same for pretty much any car. I'm not 100% sure on this, so feel free to correct me if I've mis-spoke, but I think your car is pretty safe against being stolen... but not necessarily against vandalism.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:25 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thatstang

my supra was stolen with club and alarm. They towed it at night.
a bit off topic, but i dont know why ford cant do what mercedes does.... you cant even tow the car without permission... the front tires lock up... gotta break glass to disconnect an then the alarm goes off... it cant be that difficult.... if only ford went for a bit more quality...
Old 05-14-2006, 07:27 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

mustangs are in the top10 list of hardest to steal cars for the past few years. Local radio station had a girl on the radio that use to steal cars for a living, and she said mustangs were damn near impossible.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:19 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

If a pro really wants your car, I understand it can be done (with a black market key). The immobilizer is a huge benefit, and the insurance companies all recognize this. I also have an anti-theft alarm (to scare them off). I use The Club, but since I have an immobilizer, the Club's just for show (for the dummy thieves who don't know I've got an immobilizer). It's the same as sticking an ADT sign in your front garden. Most thieves will just move on to an easier car. The car sleeps in a garage, and gets parked in gated parking while I'm at work.

I understand it's really important not to have any "stuff" sitting around in your car. Not even a ball cap. Druggies will bust your window, just to steal your worthless junk, then trade it for drugs. I jam everything in the armrest. I have large tupperware containers in the trunk where I keep stuff like sweaters, cell phones, whatever.

Ken
Old 05-15-2006, 12:14 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Go rent gone in 60 seconds lol. But seriously, the immobilizer for functionality and club for deterance is good. You can also go with Lojack for recovery.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:19 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fazm

mustangs are in the top10 list of hardest to steal cars for the past few years. Local radio station had a girl on the radio that use to steal cars for a living, and she said mustangs were damn near impossible.
Nicholas Cage would agree
Old 05-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, but "Eleanor" would be worth the risk.

Quick Reply: how hard is it to steel our Mustang?