Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The new skyline

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 10:39 AM
driver187
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: The new skyline

well here is an example it wont be called a skyline here In Japan, the current Skyline two-door is the car known as the Infiniti G35 Coupe in America, and there is a GT-R version coming. Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn has promised that this GT-R will be exported to the United States. It's about time.

Strongly rumored to debut in production form at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show, the "V35" GT-R will likely use a twin-turbo version of Nissan's often lauded VQ-Series, DOHC, 24-valve V6 displacing somewhere between 2.8 and 3.5 liters and making power at least comparable to the gray-market engine feeding a new all-wheel-drive system. And unlike every previous GT-R, this one will be produced with left-hand drive. Don't expect the "Skyline" name to make it over to this country, though, as it will likely be called the Infiniti GT-R. not to bad on this on torque and horsepower but i'll take the mustang over it but thats just me
Old 05-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Goliath
1st Gear Member

The picture I saw of this skyline is a guilty pleasure for me. I'd consider one for my next car, but I'll wait to see how the 2009 stangs turn out before I do anything.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:48 AM
driver187
2nd Gear Member

where did you see a picture of the new one?
Old 05-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

I don't know if I read a different article, but while the picture I saw looked pretty cool, the article said that there's basically no way in hell that the front end is going to stay looking like it does - they were having fun making the concept look cool, and apparently knowingly made a design that is impossible for production. The rear and side views should pretty much be the same, but if we're talking about the same cool-looking front end, with the funky lights and all the aggressive lines, it's definitely going to be 'simplified' before it hits the factory.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:51 PM
justang05
2nd Gear Member

Great! More imports! Thats just what we need...[:'(]
Old 05-15-2006, 06:27 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

this is what it will look like... http://www.automotivearticles.com/12...rototype.shtml they scrapped the idea of using the modified g35 body. This car will be an insanely fast track car. I can't find the article right now, but i read in either motortrend or car and driver that nissan is promising the new gtr will break The Nurburgring lap record of any production car or they will keep working until it does. This is gonna be one tight car.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro
I can't find the article right now, but i read in either motortrend or car and driver that nissan is promising the new gtr will break The Nurburgring lap record of any production car or they will keep working until it does.
I read that too...what that really means is that they want to beat Porsche's Nurburgring time - the Nissan engineers have historically been pretty obsessed with Porsche, not that I can blame them.

The other thing that promise means is that the GT-R is going to be a while. They're obviously not where they want to be yet as far as performance goes, and they've been working on this new GT-R as a hush-hush project for a couple of years already, if I'm not mistaken.

edit: Wait, why the hell am I discussing Nissans and Porsches in a forum dedicated to Mustangs?[sm=wtf.gif]
Old 05-15-2006, 09:58 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

because if we only discussed mustangs constantly this forum would get real boring real fast. I love my car and everything, but come on...have you ever seen a car forum that doesn't talk about other cars?
Old 05-15-2006, 10:59 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i can't wait until domestics are foced to either step it up or get off the market. I know none of the CEO's are going to just give out on their companies, so they're going to step it up a notch. They had a monopoly for a long time and just began building overpriced **** in essence. And eventually, they will begin making higher quality products and make their engines have more potential. For example, Lexus makes a v6 sedan that can beat a mustang GT with a bigger engine and more displacment, and two more cylinders. If Ford can build their engines up to the same standards, we cna get more power for less, and start kiling these imports. Twin turbo or not! I cant wait for the day!
Old 05-16-2006, 12:49 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

+1
ORIGINAL: fazm

just so you know, it costs like 40k+ to get a r34 skyline... USED. And in stock form (they detune them to meet our emissions) they are a mid 14 second car. whats so impressive about that? Now, you can put a lot of money in an r34, on the stock block, and put down 850whp, and thats cool and all, but it still looks like sh*t.