Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Side Skirts

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 11:10 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Default Side Skirts

Im not sure what they are called as a stock part..but ive got a problem with the stock black side skirts on my stang. Me being an idiot didnt see a small curb extended out from a driveway and i turned too sharp into it. The result was that it hit pretty hard on the side skirt and ripped the entire thing off [:@] on the right side. It put a small dent in the bottom of the frame that theres nothing i can really do about..so i guess ill live with it. It gets covered by the skirt anyway. I put it back on and it looks and holds pretty good...but i like things to be at their best so im prob just gunna get a new one and put it on.

My question for you is what would be a fair price for a new right skirt...i got a price of $114 from one ford dealer and $107 from another...Let me know if thats fair..and if you know of a better place i can get a new skirt and the plasic hardware that would be phenomenal --Thanks, Nick

p.s. is it normal for me to be able to push the shifter out of gear while just coasting and not touching any of the petals?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:19 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Side Skirts

LMAO no thats not fair. You can get the GT takeoffs(both) (color of your car) for 69 @ v6mustangstuff.com

lol
Old 05-16-2006, 11:20 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

oh yeah thats normal. i dont reccomend doing it though lol. but any manual car will do it.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:10 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

WAIT! i recomend diversified marketing solutions on ebay.,, painted side skirts (like the GT ones) for 100 bucks shipped (pair of them) how good is that?!

ask for nick and tell him Paul send you

Pauly
Old 05-17-2006, 12:26 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

i knew it...sons of biotches tryin to take advantage of a kid..imma stick with the black ones cause my mirros are black...a link would be phenomenal also...thanks
Old 05-17-2006, 12:37 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

one more question...i know the stock v6 rockers have that rough plastic finish to them...if i get black gt takeoffs i think they are smooth and wont look right on my car..i need to find just a v6 take off and im gunna need the hardware as some was lost in my little accident.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:39 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

ford should carry BOXES of those poper fasteners... they might beable to give u a small ammount fo them... now u say ur mirrors are black... the gt has black mirrors and collor coded side skirts and they look fantastic!

Paul
Old 12-08-2006, 04:51 PM
mustangtakeoffs

check this out, new site that offers takeoff side skirts... www.mustangtakeoffs.com
cant beat there price and turnaround rate.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

I have a set of V6 side skirts sitting in my garage... 20 bucks... you pay shipping...
Old 12-08-2006, 06:08 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

This was an old issue for me...fixed months ago..thanks anyway

Quick Reply: Side Skirts