Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

[Deleted]

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Deleted User
I ♥ Acer

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-17-2006, 05:40 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Man-u-Matic ?

I had this in my Pontiac G6 GT before the mustang and it was the biggest joke.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:41 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LisaJ429

I had this in my Pontiac G6 GT before the mustang and it was the biggest joke.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:54 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

The auto-stick thing in the auto Charger and alot of cars today is just a manual automatic, where the use of the stick just lets you control the point of the shift, or rather tell the computer when to shift, it's still an auto and still a victim of the drivetrain loss an auto incures, it still has a torque converter etc, the delay between telling the computer when to shift and when it does. Fact is 99% of the time a car with the auto-stick equipped is faster in straight auto. It's a toy and a wow thats a neat feature, but that's all, besides that an auto stick is crap.

ASFAIK you can't get one on the Mustang, yet i think someones designing one...at any rate they're pointless.

Now a clutchless manual, like in the new GTI, different story...
Old 05-17-2006, 06:04 PM
zorminster

theres a company that makes something that will work. I forget the company name, they were on an episode of "American Hotrod" on the Junkyard Dog project if i remember correctly. I want to say "moon" was in the name somewhere, but a google dosnt reveal anything to me.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ssoss
Man-u-matic

Auto-stick
I hate these terms and everything they represent. If you want to drive a stick, get a stick. If you want an automatic, get an automatic - I can even see how the paddle-shifters could be fun for people who can't have or don't like stick. However, these BS auto-stick things **** me off to no end. Tiptronics, too. Either suck it up and resign yourself to an auto (they can be quite good and just as fast as a manual), or stop dreaming of something that gives you all the control, feel and fun of a stick shift without involving any of the effort or skill. It's just not going to happen.

I suppose I have nothing really useful to say other than that from what I hear, the new slushboxes are actually pretty good and can be firmed up nicely with a simple tune. I just needed to vent my frustration at this amazing trend to try to make things sound like they're manual when they're really not. Even DSG has me riled lately, but that's another rant.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Goliath
1st Gear Member

it's garbage on my friend's charger. Unless they let you start down shifting to neutral before going into 1 (charger makes you start in 1 so you can Ebrake launch if you like). I've not heard of any kind of conversion kit and if there was such a beast I suspect it'd cost a blue moon.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:34 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

B&M has a prototype but is now questioning the market because of costing.

there's a thread at themustangsource.com somewhere.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:59 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jiraiya Even DSG has me riled lately, but that's another rant.
To be fair, DSG is a huge step in technology and alot closer to a true manual then the auto-sticks. I agree with you on the auto-stick though...if you buy an auto for the convenience, and pay more for that, it's insane to drive with an auto-stick imo, the only advantage an auto-stick gives is in letting you downshift.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Deleted User
I ♥ Acer

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]