Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Front fascia protective strip

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 07:49 PM
mindfury
1st Gear Member

Default Front fascia protective strip

One day while driving to my co-worker's apt. to pick him up, I pulled into a parking space as I usually do, thinking absolutely nothing about the fact that the concrete barrier was crooked at an angle. Heard a nice scrapping noise while backing out, and it took a nice chunk out of the black plastic piece that protects the bottom of the front fascia.

I guess small damage like this is inevitable, but damn, with a car like this one becomes hypersensitive to it. I called up to the dealership and I was quoted $45 for a replacement. $45 just for a plastic strip and a couple of tacks to hold it in place.

What would you folks do? Replace it or let it go as a battle scar? (Can't even notice it unless one gets under the car.)
Old 05-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Front fascia protective strip

Battle scar it's what its there for.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:55 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

if u want 1, I have 1, i did the same thing but it didnt get damaged at all. just a scratch.. i might let it go at the right price .. (saving for my stripes so every little helps, sorry to be a penny pincher!)

Paul
Old 05-18-2006, 08:18 PM
mindfury
1st Gear Member

I've thought about replacing it, however I also have an interest in the body kit from Street Scene, which would replace the front fascia anyway... I'll probably end up just waiting for now.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:36 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

damn!
Old 05-18-2006, 09:44 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Man replace it!!! I can't stand when I see an older or younger persons in a new BMW,Mustang,Camaro,Mercadies, or any sport,exotic,muscle car of any knid with a dent that they didn't get fixed because they thought It wouldn't be that bad. Or "nobody will notice it" or " I needed the money for something else at that time" It blows my mind. You pay to have a new car with no scatches or dents so keep it that way man, other wise you making you car look bad and making it easer for people like me to keep my car clean looking LOL.

There is this kid that I see around my town with a yellow one. Now I don't know if he bought it like that or what but it looks like ****. Hes got dents all over it!!! Now that i think about it he prolly did buy it like that. Cause I can't see what he did with all the insurence money. He doesn't even mod it, he just drives it around town like it don't need anything to go faster LOL.

All Im really trying to say is keep it clean man. Thats what drops jaws to tha floor. I see 98 mustangs around town that look like they just came off the lot and they catch my eye. Not many but there are some. The paint & body is the first thing people see.

Especially for $45 thats cheap, thats about what my lower grill costed me
Old 05-18-2006, 11:48 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Man replace it!!! I can't stand when I see an older or younger persons in a new BMW,Mustang,Camaro,Mercadies, or any sport,exotic,muscle car of any knid with a dent that they didn't get fixed because they thought It wouldn't be that bad. Or "nobody will notice it" or " I needed the money for something else at that time" It blows my mind. You pay to have a new car with no scatches or dents so keep it that way man, other wise you making you car look bad and making it easer for people like me to keep my car clean looking LOL.

There is this kid that I see around my town with a yellow one. Now I don't know if he bought it like that or what but it looks like ****. Hes got dents all over it!!! Now that i think about it he prolly did buy it like that. Cause I can't see what he did with all the insurence money. He doesn't even mod it, he just drives it around town like it don't need anything to go faster LOL.

All Im really trying to say is keep it clean man. Thats what drops jaws to tha floor. I see 98 mustangs around town that look like they just came off the lot and they catch my eye. Not many but there are some. The paint & body is the first thing people see.

Especially for $45 thats cheap, thats about what my lower grill costed me
+1 BUY MINE FROM ME AND HELP THE RACING STRIPE FOUNDATION!
Old 05-19-2006, 11:18 AM
User 113021
3rd Gear Member

This same thing happened to me at my job, only the curb was much higher. It put scratches all over the actual paint part, and broke that plastic piece in half. I just took it off and threw it away when I got home. :\