Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

feelings on pulleys and throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 01:38 AM
waiting4thefunds
I ♥ Acer

Default feelings on pulleys and throttle body

hey guys i was just looking around on v6mustangstuff.com and i was looking at the pulley sytem and the throttle body upgrades and they claim to be making about 10 more hp each.....has anyone purchased these or heard anything about them?

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05Engine.htm

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05Engine2.htm
Old 05-20-2006, 02:13 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: feelings on pulleys and throttle body

Neither make much hp if any(they have both been dyno tested) and the underdrive pulleys could cause you problems. Not worth the money or possible aggravation. Don't do it.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:28 AM
waiting4thefunds
I ♥ Acer

well than that would explain why i havent seen ne one with them.....thanks jimp
Old 05-20-2006, 04:03 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

The ASP pulley has been shown to make 4hp/6tq... but, not in combination with the PHP alternator pulley (which makes 3-5 hp)... choose one or the other.

As for throttle bodies and throttle body spacers.... well, I'll whittle ya one out of wood and it would do about the same.... don't waste a dime on 'em.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:31 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

The ASP pulley has been shown to make 4hp/6tq... but, not in combination with the PHP alternator pulley (which makes 3-5 hp)... choose one or the other.

As for throttle bodies and throttle body spacers.... well, I'll whittle ya one out of wood and it would do about the same.... don't waste a dime on 'em.
Is there dyno data on this? I thought Scrming actually pulled off the PHP pulley when he did the ASP pulley. Not sure.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:45 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

Is there dyno data on this? I thought Scrming actually pulled off the PHP pulley when he did the ASP pulley. Not sure.
Nope... we left the PHP alt pulley on and then added the ASP pulley... we seen no gains adding the ASP pulley... I did however end up with a dead battery... LOL
Old 05-20-2006, 03:49 PM
AWalls

I have the ASP UD Crank pulley on and noticed an increase in tq, maybe a small hp gain. Never had a prob with it. I also run a TB spacer for increased mileage. The pulley will also help with mileage. With the TB spacer, UDP, and CAI I have gained 5 mpg.

It matters when you have to drive 80 miles round trip to work.....

My fav mods so far are the tlok and the tail light sequencer I installed this morning....pretty cool.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:13 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AWalls

I have the ASP UD Crank pulley on and noticed an increase in tq, maybe a small hp gain. Never had a prob with it. I also run a TB spacer for increased mileage. The pulley will also help with mileage. With the TB spacer, UDP, and CAI I have gained 5 mpg.

It matters when you have to drive 80 miles round trip to work.....

My fav mods so far are the tlok and the tail light sequencer I installed this morning....pretty cool.
Do you have dyno sheets to show the HP and TQ gains? Also, did you benchmarch your milage before and after the TB spacer install? Most mpg gains we've seen are from the CAI, which I used to have the AFE and I noticed a slight increase of around 3 mpg.

Old 05-20-2006, 04:23 PM
AWalls

No dyno sheets, just going by "feel" and ease of wheel spin....lol. I did benchmark the mpg before the mods ( all installed at the same time) and after....5mpg gain. and like I said, when you drive 500 miles a week to/from work, that matters! you should see my freakin' gas bill....lol

I'll have to load up the xcal2 87 milage tune and see what I get with that.....
Old 05-20-2006, 04:25 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AWalls

No dyno sheets, just going by "feel" and ease of wheel spin....lol. I did benchmark the mpg before the mods ( all installed at the same time) and after....5mpg gain. and like I said, when you drive 500 miles a week to/from work, that matters! you should see my freakin' gas bill....lol

I'll have to load up the xcal2 87 milage tune and see what I get with that.....
Cool, that must be a hellish commute. However, I am not buying that the tb spacer is helping you at all with your gains or mpg. It showed a gain of 0 on the dyno.

Quick Reply: feelings on pulleys and throttle body