Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed C&L + SCT XCAL2 Installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 10:21 AM
harrison
1st Gear Member

Default Brenspeed C&L + SCT XCAL2 Installed

I ordered my C&L and XCAL from Brent a week ago and it arrived yesterday. After about 5 minute of hard labor (not), I was ready to flash the computer. I had just removed my K&N CAI (no tune).

Wholy crap. Really no other way to describe the difference. The K&N was a huge difference from stock. The C&L with tune was a much bigger difference. The power just hit so bloody hard at 2000 RPM!

I picked Brenspeed after sending out 6 messages to a variety of tuners. Brent got back to me the next day, shipped via UPS way up north to Edmonton and the whole deal went just as promised. The only other firm to get back to me within a few days was Doug at Bama (he had server problems). I have a Doug tune that I will run to see what works best for me.

There are lots of posts about tuners and everybody seems to have their fav. Brent was a professional as the come!
Old 05-20-2006, 11:07 AM
NewStangDude
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Brenspeed C&L + SCT XCAL2 Installed

Out of curiosity, which tune did you install? 87? 89? 93? And I'm assuming either gets rid of that annoying torque limiter.

When you contacted Brenspeed, did they set the tunes based on the mods (or planned mods) for your car? It sounds like you got just what you were expecting and then some.

Old 05-22-2006, 05:03 PM
harrison
1st Gear Member

I installed 91. No 93 in my parts.... It is like a rocket compared to stock so I assume if there was a limiter it is not a factor. I advised Brent that I had a Magnaflow muffler and he provided tunes for what I had (includeing the new C&L). He can send a new tune if you add other goodies...... Literally, night and day! When folks state that you won't be disapointed, that's kind of an understatement....
Old 05-22-2006, 05:13 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Does he make tune with any CAI & exhaust or just what he picks? (Not sure...help me!)
Old 05-22-2006, 05:17 PM
harrison
1st Gear Member

Best send Brent an e-mail. He tests what he supplies so I am not sure. I usually got a reply in a day or two max.