Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Powerhouse Turbo Installed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 04:08 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Powerhouse Turbo Installed!!!!

ORIGINAL: whatdaproblemis0

oh yeah stupid question but isnt there some kind of electrical control unit that could control how much boost you want? thanks for the help.
electronic boost controller

lol i dont really like them because some kid can jump in, bring your boost to 32, and if you dont notice, youll drive away and blow your car up

same for in cabin mechanical controllers, (not so bad if they are under the hood)

but to me i would just get a set psi wastegate spring, at a certain psi, it works, no one is ****ing with anything
Old 05-21-2006, 04:10 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

your gonna have to change the tune
Old 05-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

your gonna have to change the tune
If you want it to live. :-D
Old 05-21-2006, 04:11 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

even wwith the set spring you can still put on a aftermarket controller, either mech or elec, on top of it and it will still do its job
Old 05-21-2006, 04:17 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jimp

ORIGINAL: TJ
Got it thanks
It also looks like it doesn't have the vac operated outside flap on WOT but i think if I remember correctly that might of been only on the 70 Chevelle SS for the flap which I did also own one.
Really? Cool. I had an SS 396 350HP. Never should have gotten rid of that car. Man, I'll always regret that.
Yep I was lucky enough to have the a rare LS6 454 underrated at 450HP was said stock over 500 HP, 4spd blue/w white stripes or cousre I built it up cam, Edlebrock, Holly 850 DP, had 4 bolt mains, with the open chamber rect port heads, Hooker tuned headers 410's etc etc and as you should well know talk about super bad wheel hop ladder bars was a must have atleast with my car. Our cars today why anywhere from $40,000 - $100,000 matching numbers.

But lets not hijack Rygens thread
Old 05-21-2006, 04:23 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Yep like Jimp said on the Powerhouse it has to be done at the waste gate and it takes a little time with hand tools, the mech **** is the way to go IMO but I am not sure never got a chance to ask Mike if the tune needed to be changed going from 8psi - 9psi which I also relayed the above info to Rygen about few weeks ago.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:24 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

well t une must be change, if not youll run lean amd blow holes through the top of your pistons
Old 05-21-2006, 04:25 PM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

congrats guys, be very happy with your new found hp, hopefully you wont have to answer the doubter questions, here they are just so you can be ready, LOL

1- are you sure it was a mustang dyno?
2- when was their dyno calibrated last?
3- are they corrected numbers ?
4- can I get a free one ?
5- can you post a dyno sheet?
6- can you go get a dyno on a dynojet so we can compare?

@ Rygen, will be lookin forward to all your good results, sounds like you will be getting noticed at the track even more,

@ screaming, we have seen too many surprises from you, we'll be watching for the Mistress's latest surprise as well.

results seem to be getting better for this 4.0 all the time, a big thanks to all the guys who have risked their cars and opened their wallets to test some of these new mods so we could see the results! kudos to you.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:27 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

well t une must be change, if not youll run lean amd blow holes through the top of your pistons

Yes I would think so but wasn't 100% sure and told Rygn in a pm about the tune change regarding going with the mech **** and going from 8-9psi.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:31 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

tru dat

Quick Reply: Powerhouse Turbo Installed!!!!