Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Side Skirt Removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 05:27 AM
ST4NG
1st Gear Member

Default Side Skirt Removal

Im considering just removing the side skirts from my car. On the v6 they are black and hardly noticeable as it is because they are not painted like the V8.

I'm not sure if there hiding anything, but if not I think I am going to remove them and see how it looks tomorrow in the daylight. I guess I can always put them back on if I dont like it.

I also managed to get a nice scratch on the passenger side one. (Damn curb) Won't have to worry about that if I remove them.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:30 AM
gabeh1018
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Side Skirt Removal

ive removed mine before and trust me the car looks horrible without side skirts.. just leave them on
Old 05-22-2006, 09:38 AM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

One of the forum advertisers (V-6 MUSTANG STUFF ?) will sell you side skirts from the GT's. They come already color-matched with the caveat that you might have to touch them up or have a scratch or two.

Old 05-22-2006, 09:47 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

I just took mine off (gt) and swapped to black-
as mentioned above, you will not want to leave them off- corrugated/spotwelded/structural rocker/frame lies underneath.

I got a set of takeoffs at a swap meet for 40 bucks- no shiping, and they just BARELY fit in the car with one seat folded down. due to length shipping will cost more than parts, and likely theyd get beat up anyway...yanking the top/hidden clips is scary- but had mine off twice- once for undercoat, once for color change- but the sound is like breaking plastic- theres a thread/pics in the gt section.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:05 PM
GIDDEUP
2nd Gear Member

Unless you drive a mineral grey and want side skirts... nobody carries them anymore since they dicontinued the color. DAMN YOU FORD!!
Old 05-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

why dont you take your door panels off too. lol just messing. cool idea in theory byt the fron and rear bumper would offset the no sideskirts sides (cause theyd be higher) and yeah just ugly.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:06 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GIDDEUP

Unless you drive a mineral grey and want side skirts... nobody carries them anymore since they dicontinued the color. DAMN YOU FORD!!
if you need a set, call mike at cascos- he told me he had about 500 sets of take offs to choose from, and could pick up to save shipping- ypsilanti(sp?) michigan if I remember right...
Old 05-24-2006, 07:22 PM
GIDDEUP
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ford4v429

if you need a set, call mike at cascos- he told me he had about 500 sets of take offs to choose from, and could pick up to save shipping- ypsilanti(sp?) michigan if I remember right...
I haven't tried him yet because I can't find where his website disappeared to. Got an e-mail or contact info so I can reach him. I never see the sideskirts on his e-bay auctions.

Thanks
Old 05-24-2006, 07:35 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

yah the car dusnt look good with them off.... i took mine off and had them off for 2 weeks till my paint arrived... and it looked like i had had a side impact on both sides lol... theres rivets and cut metal and hsit down there... also. DONT USE PLYERS TO REMOVE THE FUNNY POPPER FASTENERS... IF U DO END UP USING PLYERS... DONT PULL DOWN!!... i pulled downwards on on of the poppers and it gave easier than i thought.. slammed my thumb soo hard onto the drive it broke the nail in half... swelled up and wouldnt stop bleeding for hours.... 4 weeks later i can still feel pain lol.

Paul
Old 05-25-2006, 02:50 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ford4v429

I haven't tried him yet because I can't find where his website disappeared to. Got an e-mail or contact info so I can reach him. I never see the sideskirts on his e-bay auctions.

Thanks
found it- he's still on ebay:

I ONLY HAVE 2005 COLORS INSTOCK
I DO NOT HAVE TUNGSTEN GRY OR VISTA BLUE VERY SORRY
Torch Red, Redfire, Black, Screaming Yellow, Satin Silver, Mineral Gray, Performance White, Sonic Blue, and Windviel Blue
MORE OEM FORD PARTS IN STOCK
FOR INFO PLZ CALL 734-323-4885
MIKE@CASCOCOMPANY.NET
OTHER OEM FORD PARTS IN STOCK

Quick Reply: Side Skirt Removal