MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   potential kill (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/131474-potential-kill.html)

06mustang 05-24-2006 12:39 AM

potential kill

hey guys, i hate bragging about killing a fellow stang but i just went for a ride in my boys stang and if thats all he has to offer... he will be stomped by a little over 2 seconds. i dont wanna say im better but either his car has less power then he thinks it does, or his tires are SERIOUSLY holding him back. let me get into it and tell you what happened. he came over to my place and we where talking cars as we always do. i mentioned to him that the car runs pretty damn consistant 15's and it was even possible to brake into high 14's. i told him that i use the g-tech meter for an approximation of how well i do. (notice i said approximation cuz i know a tree and a track are the best for it.) anyway, he wanted to use it so i told him to drop off his stuff at home and when he ready, to stop on by. well about 15 minutes later he showed up and we did what we needed to get the car running off the g-tech. we went to a back road rite behind the base and after we where clear of the perimiter fence we stopped and he ripped off a few runs. first off, he chirped tires every gear. i dont know how good that was for his runs but almost every time he chirped. after perhaps 4 runs we had an average of 17. his stang is an 02, 3.9 liter. his mods are an intake, exhaust, throttle body and spacer. no tuner either. i asked if i could rip one or 2 and he said go 4 it. i easily ripped a 16.24. ALMOST a full second faster then his tire squeel run. anyway, my question is , does that honestly sound like poor driving, bad tires, or all that power stuff with no tuner is running his car ragged? i wanna help him cuz its the rite thing 2 do. let me know what you think cuz 2morrow i just may race him if we can figure out how to cure his problem. thanx

oh... his is a 5 speed, and the exhaust is a true dual.

jericho73 05-24-2006 12:55 AM

RE: potential kill

Sounds like he needs a tune bad, and some driving lessons. New edge v6 manuals will run mid-high 15's stock, with those mods he should be in the low 15's at least.

06mustang 05-24-2006 01:11 AM

that im aware of he has NO check engine lites. i think its both, to be honest. never having driven his car, and then for me to rip out almosta full second faster then him means he drives wrong but i also think its his tune. i should tell him thats what it is, or what it could be.

sonicblue05 05-24-2006 02:02 AM

race him then tell him;)

blazen351 05-24-2006 02:08 AM

+1 much better that way LMAO

SpecterGT260 05-24-2006 02:18 AM

my g-tech is pretty much a glorified tach/shift light. it gives me consistant 15s with the occasional 14 :eek:. over a second off :eek: no way to tell with that thing. u should still beat him even with those mods, and go ahead and take for granted that ur cars hook like supercars ;). its probably not going to be 2 sec, but i bet ull still beat him.

06mustang 05-24-2006 09:50 AM

oh, you guys are horrible... OK. ill give it a whirl and see how we run head 2 head.