Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

In mourning.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 12:26 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Default In mourning.....

Dealer set me up with a ford 06 Focus zx something..... And let me tell you.....

For those who complain "our cars are slow" ...drive one of this and you will instantly change your mind......

Old 05-24-2006, 12:30 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: In mourning.....

ORIGINAL: tino

Finally happened!!!

Tried to squeeze into a tight spot...ended up denting the left quarter panel.......... (ouch what an awfull feeling!!!!).

On the "positive" side...... Dealer set me up with a ford 06 Focus zx something..... And let me tell you.....

For those who complain "our cars are slow" ...drive one of this and you will instantly change your mind......

Oh nooooooo. I know how you feel, did that once with my Volvo S80 turbo back in the day. Its a terrible feeling. How long you gonna be without your steed?
Old 05-24-2006, 12:30 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

My sincerest appologies for you in your time of grief...maybe some of the more religous here can form a prayer group....LMAO

Seriously sorry to hear that...damage going to cost much to repair? I think that everybody that bit**** about they're V6 being slow should have to drive something like that.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:36 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

thanks for the thoughts.....

The pony is at the dealer for a different reason, but as soon as my gas tank and Tranny gets replaced.... My buddy (body shop ownwer) should be able to hook me up with the quarter panel repair.... I feel like a junkie without a fix....LOL

Old 05-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

how come you are getting your transmission replaced?
Old 05-24-2006, 12:53 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Yeah...I thought u had cosmetic damages? Hmmm...tranny too?

ORIGINAL: Erdrickk

how come you are getting your transmission replaced?
Old 05-24-2006, 12:59 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

This has been an ongoing battle with Ford..... I am sure it is not over yet.....

My tranny has been makinf overgear noises and some strange vibrations since it hit 20K miles (about 40k now). I am now noticing fluid leaking out of the rear of the tranny.

The cosmetic damage just happened yesterday and it wasn't an impact.....just rubbed the quarter pael on another car's bumper (a parked car) at about 3 mph.... so nothing to do with the tranny. The tank is a replacement (there is a TSB) for gas filling issues (backwash causes the punp to shut off prematuraly).

So two separate things.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:03 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

WOW...tranny leaking? Let me guess...Ford cannot find anything wrong! Typical!
Old 05-24-2006, 01:45 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

You say theyare replaceing it but the battle is not over; what do you mean? Are they saying it's not warranty? What is "overgear"? You have a manual trans correct?
ORIGINAL: tino

This has been an ongoing battle with Ford..... I am sure it is not over yet.....

My tranny has been makinf overgear noises and some strange vibrations since it hit 20K miles (about 40k now). I am now noticing fluid leaking out of the rear of the tranny.

The cosmetic damage just happened yesterday and it wasn't an impact.....just rubbed the quarter pael on another car's bumper (a parked car) at about 3 mph.... so nothing to do with the tranny. The tank is a replacement (there is a TSB) for gas filling issues (backwash causes the punp to shut off prematuraly).

So two separate things.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:55 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

do you mean a parking spot? thats why i park veryyyyy far away across 2 spots