Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Update: Airaid intake, X-cal 2 and Magnaflow dual exhaust combo

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 02:28 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default Update: Airaid intake, X-cal 2 and Magnaflow dual exhaust combo

Got an email from Ron at FAST Specialties... Travis, their tuner, and all-around great fellow, got a nice 35 hp gain on an 05 V6 the other day.

[Hi Hamid,

The Pro-charger group thing seems to be on hold, but I am still working with Vortech. One thing I am going to post on our website, hopefully tonight…we just did and 06 V6 with a Magnaflow Catback Dual Exhaust, an Airaid CAI and one of Travis’s tunes and we picked up almost 35 HP at the tire. I am thinking about offering this package for a group buy, since we now have the perfect tune in the X-Cal for that combination. Just wanted to get your thoughts if this might fly on the forums.

Thanks,

Ron Feddema
Fast Specialties LLC
360-213-2781
http://www.fastspecialties.com/ ]

So, if you're interested, give 'em a call... great folks to work with! btw... the Airaid intake looks nice and mean under the hood!

Update: I've got pricing from Ron for the Airaid intake, X-cal 2 and Magnaflow dual cat-back exhaust. $999.99

Here's the scoop from their website, with dyno sheet.
http://home.fastspecialties.com/inde...d=132&Itemid=2

And, the ordering page:
http://fastspecialties.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1360
Old 05-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Deleted User
I ♥ Acer

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-24-2006, 03:09 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Possible group buy... intake, tune and exhaust combo

ORIGINAL: ssoss
I might be in... what's the price for the entire enchilada in a group-buy? I have never looked at Magna-floams before so I'll have to go check out some sound clips from the sticky.

Also never heard of Air-Raid CAI. Is there a tuner in the group-buy package or just the duals, cai, and tune for the x-cal?

Thanks!

Drew
I don't think they've set up pricing yet. It'll come with an X-cal with tunes. Magnaflows are good. Plenty of forum members have them and are very happy with 'em.

Here's a link the Airaid intake
http://airaid.com/450-177_ford.asp
Old 05-24-2006, 03:53 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

I like airaid, but I already have my exhaust, see what can be done for just tuner & CAI...please
Old 05-24-2006, 05:31 PM
elektra
2nd Gear Member

I would be if the price is right. I need all three and would be a great start. WOW 35 HP all in one go.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:18 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

interested based on price.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:38 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

I'm just passing on some info to you good folks... If you're interested in the group buy, I suggest you call up Ron and let him know. I have no clue what the price would be... I'm sure the more people that call him up and are interested, the lower it will be.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:55 PM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

I have Magnaflows and I've been real happy with them. I would really be interested in a group buy for a C&L/X-Cal2.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:08 PM
KiLLeR_WoMBaT
1st Gear Member

I am in the same boat...already have the Magnaflows and would be willing to replace the K&N CAI with the Airaid. I wonder would they deal just that?
ORIGINAL: burdweiser

I have Magnaflows and I've been real happy with them. I would really be interested in a group buy for a C&L/X-Cal2.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:27 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

A bit more info from Ron...

[Hamid,

Here is a link to what he posted in our guestbook. http://home.fastspecialties.com/inde...book&Itemid=41 He took off out of here burning rubber for about 50 feet. With the package and a now proven tune, we can really make some power.

Thank you,

Ron Feddema

Fast Specialties LLC

360-213-2781

www.fastspecialties.com]

To save you the trouble... here's the text from the guest book:

[Signed on: Wed 24 May 2006 10:10:41 EDT
Just had my under powered 06 V6 Mustang taken from a pitiful 182hp at the wheel to a nice 224hp..WOW..what a differnce. THANKS To all..Appreciate the time and detail put into making this lil pony ROCK!! Can\'t wait to do the SuperCharger!! ]

The final numbers seem high... especially since it's a Mustang Dyno. I wonder if he's reading a spike in the graph or something. Either way... it's probably a pretty good deal if you're looking for an intake, tune and duals.

For those of you with duals already and are just looking for the Airraid and X-cal, I'd still give Ron a call (or email him at rfeddema@fastspecialties.net) and see what he can do.

Quick Reply: Update: Airaid intake, X-cal 2 and Magnaflow dual exhaust combo