Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

since it is a quiet night...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 02:53 AM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

Default since it is a quiet night...

I thought Id ask a silly question...

Do you fellow mustang owners find since you have had your steed you do extra pointless driving? 3 out of 5 nights of the week I drive my g/f to work, she works night shift. Anyways its no more then a 5 min trip there and 5 min back. I find myself always taking the long way back...infact tonight just for the hell of it I hit the highway and drove to the next city which is about 25 min away...WHY?? I have no idea...when I get in that stang all I want to do is drive, even if I am not doing something in peticular...My poor gas bill...lol
Old 05-25-2006, 02:57 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default RE: since it is a quiet night...

guilty as charged
Old 05-25-2006, 03:03 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

+1
Old 05-25-2006, 03:04 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

The other day I had to drop my kid off at school at 4PM, and was supposed to pick him up at 7PM. I never went home. I drove around with the top down for 3 hours and came back to get him at 7PM. Didn't stop anywhere, didn't go anywhere for any reason. Just liked driving.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:11 AM
TempleOfDog

I do the same thing. It's getting costly though. The gas is killing me. Also, all the cops in the New Orleans greater area are giving out tickets for every little thing. I got a speeding ticket and a running a red light ticket all within a 1 month period. Even though I was really running a yellow light.

I also just got Sirius Sattelite radio and I love being able to listen to more than just the same 3 songs played over and over as on local radio.

This is my first sports car, and I love taking turns in it. I love being able to hit the gas while taking the turn and the car can handle it.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:27 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

+1
ORIGINAL: afixer

guilty as charged
Old 05-25-2006, 03:35 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

ha i did that tonight!

got outof school today. Didnt feel good like it usually does.....just kinda "whoa its over"
went to the movies, droped her off, and then i just went and drove aroung widows down,music blaring, for an hour going nowhere,just around the curvy roads witht the cruise control set (thats really fun BTW, curves and cruise control). passed my road four times before i actually turned on it lol.

then when i get home i always sit in the 'stang and finish whatever song is on the Shaker.LOL anyone else do this?

Old 05-25-2006, 03:37 AM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

yes yes...if there is a really good song on and I am close to home, I drive around till its finished
Old 05-25-2006, 03:38 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Yep, I've done all of that a time or two. I think it's called mustangidous. It causes a slight tingling sensation when you enter the car, side effects include the urge to drive for no apparent reason, taking the long way around, speeding, racing, sever gas loss, the feeling of I'm better than everybody, constant drueling and asperation of others with anything less than a stang, high insurence rates, chicks swarming over you for some weird reason, tons of sexual satisfaction in the passenger seat, and watery eyes, ya know, that's what happens when you have to get out of the car.[8D]
Old 05-25-2006, 03:40 AM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jthorn9

Yep, I've done all of that a time or two. I think it's called mustangidous. It causes a slight tingling sensation when you enter the car, side effects include the urge to drive for no apparent reason, taking the long way around, speeding, racing, sever gas loss, the feeling of I'm better than everybody, constant drueling and asperation of others with anything less than a stang, high insurence rates, chicks swarming over you for some weird reason, tons of sexual satisfaction in the passenger seat, and watery eyes, ya know, that's what happens when you have to get out of the car.[8D]
LOL I have yet to expirence this

Quick Reply: since it is a quiet night...