Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just got my first kill

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 12:06 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default Just got my first kill

Street racing is bad, I do not condone street racing.

Anyways. I decided to go out for a quick spin to hear my new exhaust and make sure my rattle was gone (it is) So I'm sitting at this light and a couple of teenie boopers pulled up next to me, They were driving one of those little 99 Saturn Coupes with the 3rd door. Anyways I hear em talking sh** and then they rev at me. I just let it go. Anyways the light turns green and they laugh and take off...but wait I'm right there LOL I flashed back to 16 and decided to smoke them, so I punched it. Before I hit 50 I was a car and half in front of him. I didn't even take off hard, since I didn't plan on racing them. I slowed down and let them catch up and just had to enjoy the sweet look of "whooaaa" LMAO.

Ok so a saturn coupe is not the most impressive kill, But it was my first one. Had to share...I guess all I needed for someone to challenge me was a louder exhaust.

Oh yeah street racing is bad...don't do it

No I really want to try out the track...I know I'll get smoked by allot of cars, but still...
Old 05-26-2006, 12:09 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Just got my first kill

hehe nice job, very satisfying isnt it, i just took my mustang out for a spin about an hour ago and took her up to 120mph on the I-75... fastaest ive been in her yet, the fun part was doing 95 on the on ramp and flying past all the people already on the freeway lol... then i took it up to 120, prolly last time ill break the 100 mark untill the new wheels and tires come thru, i noticed a small vibration at 100

Paul
Old 05-26-2006, 12:18 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Ain;t it fun to be reckless even though you know better LMAO
Old 05-26-2006, 01:13 AM
vb101
1st Gear Member

Street racing be bad... very, very bad. Now that I got out of the way when I went home to visit my folks last year in good old southern Louisiana my youngest brother and I had an impromptu race on the highway in from of my parents house, there are very few cars that travel that road. Anyways, he has a 1999 V6 that has dual exhaust, under drive pulley and a CAI kit installed. At the time my car was completely stock. We got onto the highway with him in front. He was going maybe 5 miles an hour so I know he was going to punch it. As soon as he did I waited a couple of seconds speeding up to about 10 mph then shifted to second and floored it. Needless to say I was gaining on him quite fast up to about 70 mph. After that I was gaining on him a bit more slowly but still gaining. We both let up at about 105. When we stopped in town I asked him if he was in first when he floored it and he said he was. His Mustang has roughly the same hp with his mods as mine did stock so it was obvious that the lower gearing of the transmission and the 3.31 gears in our 05's makes a big difference. I can't wait to get my 3.73's installed next week. When I go home to visit my folks next month I plan on going to the track and properly race my brothers, I have two brothers that live there with and they both have Mustangs. My oldest brother has a 2004 GT. I'm hoping to give him a run for his money. I'll not be able to take him but I won't be a push over either.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:14 AM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

lol i was cruising at 100 for about 5 mins on the way home a couple nights ago. 2:30 am though and the trusty belkin in the windshield!!granted im only 17 it was one of my dumber moves... oh well
Old 05-26-2006, 01:27 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

lol, i know a kid that got bought a wrx sti by his parrents, after driving all the way from boston to Worcester (MA) at 145mph and being seen by his dads business parter flying past him he didnt get to drive that car again lol. he had 2 friends in the car too and a k40 radar detector... lucky he didnt get caught by the cops... but i bet his dad *** ****ed him when he got home!

Paul
Old 05-26-2006, 03:50 AM
Tha Darkness
1st Gear Member

typo.......read below
Old 05-26-2006, 03:51 AM
Tha Darkness
1st Gear Member

nice kill dood, I hate saturns btw.........with a passion!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:55 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

yeah I'm not a fan of saturns either, but I am curious about there new 2 seater vert. It's way different than there usual status quo.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:34 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blazen351

yeah I'm not a fan of saturns either, but I am curious about there new 2 seater vert. It's way different than there usual status quo.
yeah...its wierd to see a good looking car with that badge on it...cant get used to it though. it's a nice car, but everybody would always give the comment "well it's a saturn.."

Quick Reply: Just got my first kill