Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

im a v6 darnit!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 03:54 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default im a v6 darnit!

so went to the track tonight best time was a 9.084. man the 8s are so close. anyway was a pretty cool night. alot of people came up to me and asked if i saw my car on the irwindale web site. couple came up and said to a friend hey thats that car i was telling you about (that felt pretty cool.) but i also had a bunch of people come up to the car and say man you need to turn up your boost! im like crap well im only running 6 lbs do to we cant fit an inercooler on the v6. then this is funny evey one of them stops dead and says wait its a 6. and i say yep and they say wow i thought it was a v8 dang those are some good times sorry and walk away. and this with the hood up! its just how funny all people see is the blower and dont even look at the cylinders. i even went so far as to have them write v-6 on the rear side window when they put my numbers on.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:55 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: im a v6 darnit!

now u know why i have my license plate "its a v6"
Old 05-26-2006, 03:59 AM
lureynol
1st Gear Member

Well afixer, your car does rock.

BTW, you're the person to ask, What's the best shop(s), both for work and stripes/decals, in the LA area?
Old 05-26-2006, 04:00 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

LMAO that's great. Maybe you can start getting some freakin respect for us sixers.

FAZM...I wish I had thought of "Its a V6" before I ordered my tag. I love the idea of just putting out there for the world to see as you blow by. Kudos
Old 05-26-2006, 04:04 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

well as far as stripes i did mine. and as far as shop what kinda work ? basic ford work you can take it to the dealer my bud works at. it wount save you a bunch of money but he is the head teal leader so you know he will fix it right. he is the only guy that touches my car besides me. it in carson so it may be a drive. email me if you need to.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:07 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

oh yea only had on why did youget a v6. real easy 24 miles per gallon cheep ins with 2 teen age boys and 20 k on the x-plan in stead of 28 to 30 k . the guy just shook his head and said well thats a no brainer!
Old 05-26-2006, 04:09 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

yup, i wish i could see the look on their face after i pass them to merge. Or at the track with their turbo integra lol.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:14 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

I HATE that question! And it always one word "whydyageta6?" "if it er me I'da got the GT" Oh really? Nice caravan dill hole.
ORIGINAL: afixer

oh yea only had on why did youget a v6. real easy 24 miles per gallon cheep ins with 2 teen age boys and 20 k on the x-plan in stead of 28 to 30 k . the guy just shook his head and said well thats a no brainer!
Old 05-26-2006, 04:21 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

i get it all the time, especially because i hang out with all the gt'ers at the track. But i hold my own, with the rare win, but it does happen. "so what you runnin in that thing, 16s?" "why no, i just ran a 14.5" "oh **** whatd you do to it?"
or like you pointed out, everyone that asks, drives a freakin 93 honda, or van, or drove with their friend because their ride is such a big piece of ****, it doesnt belong at the track.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:27 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

even with a description like that I still can't wait to go to the track for my first time. In truth though when someone asks,sometimes it bugs me, other times it just makes me laugh. I mean the GT is great, but I have normal size genitalia so the 6 is fine for me LMAO
ORIGINAL: fazm

i get it all the time, especially because i hang out with all the gt'ers at the track. But i hold my own, with the rare win, but it does happen. "so what you runnin in that thing, 16s?" "why no, i just ran a 14.5" "oh **** whatd you do to it?"
or like you pointed out, everyone that asks, drives a freakin 93 honda, or van, or drove with their friend because their ride is such a big piece of ****, it doesnt belong at the track.

Quick Reply: im a v6 darnit!