Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ford Racing Muffler Installed! added video!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 01:29 PM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

Default Ford Racing Muffler Installed! added video!

My first true mod! You guys have definitely corrupted me and I'm glad you did.

I got the FR muffle from V6mustangstuff, for who I have to say were excellent in fast shipping and communication. @ $210 it was the cheapest I could find, but I am pleased to say that it came fast in perfect condition.

First of all it looks great, it doesn't stick out all the much but where it does you see the Ford racing emblem - very nice.
The sound is very throaty but w/o being too loud or ricey. I can actually hear it loud and clear when I get on the gas. No gas no sound ( that might be kind of obvious I guess! [>:]).

One thing I did notice is that it has to be at least twice as light as the stock muffler which seems to be incredibly heavy and bulky in comparison.

I will update the post with pics & sound clips as soon as I get her cleaned up - stupid NJ weather looks like its gonna pour down [:@]

Thanks to all who helped and encouraged - I would recommend this mod to everyone!

Video clip on first page ------> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6uelt/
Old 05-26-2006, 01:34 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Racing Muffler Installed!

If I recall correctly, the service guy who installed mine said that the stock muffler weighs something like 40#, whereas the FRPP one we have weighs more like 17#! As for the weight savings...I didn't save any - I currently have the stock muffler in my trunk.

Congrats on the first mod; I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it. Personally, I like the sound best between 2k and 3500 rpm.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:16 PM
QuickSilver4.0L
1st Gear Member

Congrats, and it will mellow out a little after about 1000 miles but in an awesome way![sm=gears.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/36846/BE8F93F37996444A8FEA020E597C83D5.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-29-2006, 03:53 AM
volley

Is it at least a little loud? I'd like something that is not obnoxious but still noticable. Was just about to pull the trigger on the Ford Racing axleback. I'm thinking a high flow filter or CAI would increase the sound some...that's my uneducated guess anyway.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:07 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Congrats on your first mod! What's next?!!

Let the corruption continue! [sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 05-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

oh yeah this baby is loud alright. The one negative thing I would say so far is the constant low picthed drone at highway speeds. Not sure I like it that part of the muffler that much. Some of the GT guys have commented on Borla (or FR) having this tendancy more than other mufflers.

Sometimes it gets so loud you feel as though you should step of the gas so it doesn't explode!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 11:08 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

The drone should tone down once it breaks in. Looks great!!! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 05-29-2006, 11:09 AM
kevinb
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the first mod. The FR exhaust was one of my first mods on my V6 too. Yesterday, I installed a Airaid CAI and I think my exhaust is a little louder. Can definitely feel a difference driving the car!
Old 05-29-2006, 09:00 PM
Ianderthol

On that note ladies and gents, what are the possibilities of putting dual Borlas (or FR) on the v6. I know there arent any kits available, but can we substitute the GT muffs for our own with the proper piping?
Thanks
Old 05-30-2006, 03:53 AM
tomsa55
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Racing Muffler Installed! added video!

Got to agree about the drone at hiway speeds, kind of makes it hard to listen to the radio, so I just turn it up louder !

Quick Reply: Ford Racing Muffler Installed! added video!