Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My...car...is...IN!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 05:01 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My...car...is...IN!!!!

Congratulations! Nothing better than a new car and a new mustang at that.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

wow, not long now...enjoy my friend!
Old 05-26-2006, 05:49 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

CALL THE DEALER!!!!! TELL THEM TO KEEP THEIR CRAPPY LOGOS AND LICENSE PLATES OFF IT!!!

THE DEALER WANTS TO PUT THEIR MARK ON YOUR STANG. DONT LET IT HAPPEN. GO IN THERE GUNS BLAZIN IF YOU HAVE TO> [sm=violent053.gif]
Old 05-26-2006, 06:54 PM
MyFirstPony
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: amystery2u

CALL THE DEALER!!!!! TELL THEM TO KEEP THEIR CRAPPY LOGOS AND LICENSE PLATES OFF IT!!!

THE DEALER WANTS TO PUT THEIR MARK ON YOUR STANG. DONT LET IT HAPPEN. GO IN THERE GUNS BLAZIN IF YOU HAVE TO> [sm=violent053.gif]
Amen, I ended up with a logo that looked like it was installed by a three year old. [:@] I figured it would do more damage to remove than keep.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:10 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

I'm glad that the dealer I got mine from just used a cheap sticker! The place I go to for service - their tags look more like badges (glossy, thick, etc.) and I'd imagine, like My First Pony said, it would do more damage to remove them.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:25 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

I took mine off several weeks later. It was the thick bubbly emblem. Didn't even leave any residue behind.

Anybody notice there is not a BLUE OVAL Ford emblem anywhere on our Stangs. I love it. Nice and smooth.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:02 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

congrats man, you love her she'll love you back. Looking forward to pics.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:17 PM
rslaurie
1st Gear Member

Congrats Jiraiya, Nothing like knowing the wait is FINALLY over.

When mine arrived I was out of town for the Memorial day weekend last year. The dealer called while I was on the plane heading out. It had to sit there waiting for me at that point. That sucked! [:'(]

Get us some pics when you can.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

Well, I've been driving her since late afternoon yesterday. Saw her when I pulled up to the dealership, knew she was mine, and had to spend a few minutes taking pictures of her before even walking in. As soon as I get back home (I'm typing from my girlfriend's computer) I'll see how the pics look and upload 'em if they're any good And my guy was looking out for me - no dealership stickers marring the beauty of my car!

Driving this car is a blast. Almost every minor gripe I've heard about the Mustang isn't there in my car. The shifter seems much better than the one I test drove - the throw isn't long at all. It'll benefit from some wearing in, but it's not noisy. As for the "limiter cuts off fuel before redline"...well, I've been trying to baby the car, but I accidentally hit the redline (I swear I didn't mean to) and I can tell you, my car didn't lose a bit of power on the way. Reverse is a bit sticky but it's easily solved by going into third then reverse. The only issue I have is that if I have a big drink in the holder, it interferes with my arm when I shift. And the throttle seems almost instantly responsive.

Oh lord this car is fun to drive...and I get looked at by EVERYONE on the road...oh, and I've chirped the tires a couple of times with Traction Control on

Now my gf is making me watch a movie with her before I get to drive more, lol...

Thank you all for being so supportive and inspiring, I can't wait 'till I have enough $ saved to start on some mods! I'll reward you all with pics within the next couple of days, hopefully!
Old 05-27-2006, 05:06 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

congrats dude. flog the hell out of her and youll be grinning from ear to ear.