Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brave?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 11:29 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Brave?

ORIGINAL: scrming

Needless to say, my motor was not covered! LOL! However we put in a $900 replacement and now we have a spare 4.0L to rebuild with all the good stuff! LOL!
Make it a stroker motor!
Old 05-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Brave? Hardly! Adreneline Junkie? YES!!! LOL!

BTW... nothing voids your entire warranty... Like Rygen pointed out... I can still get my power windows fixed... I've had my Throttle Postion Sensor replace (while the Zex was connected to it!). I had some leaky transmission lines fixed... all fixed under warranty...

Needless to say, my motor was not covered! LOL! However we put in a $900 replacement and now we have a spare 4.0L to rebuild with all the good stuff! LOL!
Trade it in on this:
http://www.moranav6racing.com/catego...?CategoryID=32
Old 05-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

So does this mean the MISTRESS is up and running? Oh and yeah that would be sweat to stroke it to a 4.5 and then add some type of F/I system to it, oh man that would be 1 bad V6!

BTW... nothing voids your entire warranty... Like Rygen pointed out... I can still get my power windows fixed... I've had my Throttle Postion Sensor replace (while the Zex was connected to it!). I had some leaky transmission lines fixed... all fixed under warranty...

Old 05-26-2006, 11:45 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

I wanted my car faster. The hell with the warranty.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:50 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

So does this mean the MISTRESS is up and running? Oh and yeah that would be sweat to stroke it to a 4.5 and then add some type of F/I system to it, oh man that would be 1 bad V6!

The Mistress is running again... I'm supposed to head down to MRT tomorrow and pick her up! The plan will be to just have fun with her this summer... nothing to serious.... My wife is having the new baby next Wednesday (c-section) so my "Car Time" will be limited for a good part of the summer... Come this winter however we will be building up my old 4.0L... so come next spring... well... things could get interesting! LOL!
Old 05-27-2006, 12:10 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

NICE, Now thats what we want to here more competition on the forums, it seems like Rygen is in the lead! LOL! Are you still going to use the Nitrous?
Old 05-27-2006, 12:14 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

NICE, Now thats what we want to here more competition on the forums, it seems like Rygen is in the lead! LOL! Are you still going to use the Nitrous?
In theory he is in the lead... Technically I still have the top slot... that is until Rygen get's his car to the 1/4 mile track! LOL!

Old 05-27-2006, 12:17 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

In theory he is in the lead... Technically I still have the top slot... that is until Rygen get's his car to the 1/4 mile track! LOL!

Track times are where it is at, and right now, that puts Scrming on top, with Jimp below him. I got work to do to take the number one slot. Scrming is king and has the number 1 slot. Even with my setup, 13.1 will take some work for me to beat. Scrming is a track vet, so I have my work cut out for me.

Top slot or not, I just love modding this car and going to the track. It's such a rush. As long as performance V6 stangs are doing good at the track, I'm happy.