Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stupid Cat

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 06:55 AM
ST4NG
1st Gear Member

Default Stupid Cat

Well... After my dog incident a few days ago, the same thing happened, but with a cat.

I was driving along and I see these cats just jolt out into the road. I held my ground and hit the brakes. The cat cleared the car, then got spooked and turned right around and ran right into the car. (I was braking the whole time, skidding.) There was nothing I could do. I pulled over to try and find the cat because I knew it would be injured, I had no luck, it had taken off. With the damage done I know its hurting.

The front bumper has a crack right under the lower grille. The lower grille did pop out and it cracked, however I was able to get it to snap back in. From a distance it doesnt look that bad, i'll have to wait until daylight to see the real damage. I inspected the radiator, it has a long dent along the bottom if it, and unfortunatley I did find a very small portion of fur and what appears to be blood. I feel really bad, but there wasn't really anything I could do. I wish I had been able to find the cat to inspect its injuries and help it if I could, or have it humanely put out of its pain.

Atleast this time all the damage is cosmetic, I am not going to worry about the radiator, it looks as if it should function fine. I'm going to go ahead and look into the GT bumper since i'll have to replace the whole thing anyway.

Animals are attracted to my car like flies. I'll just have to be more alert in the future.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:57 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Stupid Cat

A dog and now a cat on your hit list... cows and rhino's are next. [&:]
Old 05-29-2006, 08:22 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

I know how you feel man, a few years ago I hit two birds a dog and a turtle all in one day. I sh** you not. I was so damned freaked out by the end of the day I didn't even go home, I just got drunk and crashed out at a buddies house. The only silver lining that day was that I was driving someone elses car that day. I had never hit an animal before that and haven't hit one since then,

Anybody ever see that insurance comercial with two squirrels that run the car off the road and then high five each other?? I flash on that comercial every time i read one of these threads LOL funny commercial...sucks in real life though
Old 05-29-2006, 09:52 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

When I was in Colorado they got cows roaming freely in some parts, if one of those lays down on their none lit mountain highways that your in trouble
Old 05-29-2006, 12:27 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

dude you gata slow down! glad your ok but damn you need to get a hunting licence if your gonna keep this up your over your limit! or go to camping world and get some of those stick on deer whistle things!
Old 05-29-2006, 01:52 PM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

I hit a Unicorn once...very weird experience, I will save you the details.....
Old 05-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

YOU MEAN ANIMAL KILLER YOU
Old 05-29-2006, 07:37 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dats1NiceMustang

YOU MEAN ANIMAL KILLER YOU
LOL thats sooo mean. well u've earned 50 points now, u have moved to level 2, cows and horses are worth 100 points each! good luck!

Paul
Old 05-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

You can always hit the ricers to get an extra life.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:25 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

ha, hey where in FLorida u from? u liking the Black clouds of the orange headed Love bugs??? u cant read my license plate for corpses

Paul

ORIGINAL: Shadowhax

You can always hit the ricers to get an extra life.

Quick Reply: Stupid Cat