Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

to those with boost and maybe fazm .. your knowledge please

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 12:25 PM
armycook1981
2nd Gear Member

Default to those with boost and maybe fazm .. your knowledge please

Im currently in the process of looking at getting 3 items.
LSD, Exhaust, and in need of boost and a/f and another one ( cause im gonna get the dash pod.

what brand lsd is suggested and can it be done by yourself is there a do it your self pics i can ref if need be for my install guy. or special tools needed i know to get that extra $100 kit.. the tech suggested i think the ford t-lok installed 710. that is 300 for the part and 410 for labor. Will i also need to get a tune for this ?

exhaust suggested was magnflow. 650. that is 450 for the part and 200 for labor
gauages i guess are my own prefence. but didt ask to price same as above. can this be done on my own with some jack stands. not torchs no saws needs or anything just un bolt remove and stick in new one?

gauges for those who have boost gauges how did you install them. a/f how did you install them.. and if your running a 3rd what did you go with or what do you suggest?
Old 05-29-2006, 12:41 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default RE: to those with boost and maybe fazm .. your knowledge please

i went with the a/f gauge and the autolite vacume/boost gauge. a-pillar pod rubber hose thru firewall then used the small nylon tubing that came with it. i had to cut the gauge screws and u bracket down because it hit the a-pillar. i didnt want to cut the stock a pillar incase i removed it.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:52 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I have the A pillar as well like Afixer. I also have the autometer boost gauge and just ordered the AEM wideband AF gauge. I will document the install of the AEM piece.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

It looks like the A/F gauge is a pain to install, I seem to remember a thread showing a new bung has to be welded in?
Old 05-29-2006, 01:08 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

It looks like the A/F gauge is a pain to install, I seem to remember a thread showing a new bung has to be welded in?
Yea, you do need a new bung. Luckily for me PH knew I might be adding one and put one in for future installment.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:37 PM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

Honestly --- That seems WAY OVERPRICED! even for a NY'er like me - lol

650 total for the exhaust installed is way high. $200 for install! My exhaust ( cat back Magnaflows) were about $450 (more or less) and $75 for install. My LSD (TrueTrack) was $354. Install, with gears also being installed at the same time, was somwhere in the $300 range.

You may want to shop around a little and find some better prices ...

A/F Gauge - Don't go cheap on those! If they cost less than $200 - they are no good! Autometer is probably tops. Boost should be the other gauge. Wiring it all up is not all that difficult as long as you know where to tap. My shop is installing all the sensors for me, and then I'll do the tedious wiring up through the firewall and into the dash - that'll save me hundreds of $'s in shop hours that it would take for them to run all the wires and setup. Heck every dollar I save is another dollar in mod's
Old 05-29-2006, 02:40 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: screaminyellin6

Honestly --- That seems WAY OVERPRICED! even for a NY'er like me - lol

650 total for the exhaust installed is way high. $200 for install! My exhaust ( cat back Magnaflows) were about $450 (more or less) and $75 for install. My LSD (TrueTrack) was $354. Install, with gears also being installed at the same time, was somwhere in the $300 range.

You may want to shop around a little and find some better prices ...

A/F Gauge - Don't go cheap on those! If they cost less than $200 - they are no good! Autometer is probably tops. Boost should be the other gauge. Wiring it all up is not all that difficult as long as you know where to tap. My shop is installing all the sensors for me, and then I'll do the tedious wiring up through the firewall and into the dash - that'll save me hundreds of $'s in shop hours that it would take for them to run all the wires and setup. Heck every dollar I save is another dollar in mod's
I had the magnaflow kit and you are right, $75 bucks installed sounds about right.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Does the $300 part price for the Ford T-lok include the install kit? If not it's way overpriced for a T-lok unit (typically about $169 on Ebay). Labor also seems very high especially if you're not changing gears. (as a comparison, I'm getting a Detroit Truetrac, along with Ford Racing 3.73's installed next week, by a very experienced Ford performance shop. Labor: $225)
Old 05-29-2006, 03:44 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

i got the truetrac for 382 (before they jacked up the prices, but now they are doin a group buy or did already) Install was 329 which included fluid, and any shims or bearings he needed. for gearing, either a 3.45 or 3.73 is the way to go in my opinion. 3.73s are a lot of fun around town, but the 3.45's might be better suited for the track (not even sure if u can get 3.45's actually).

as far as a/f gauges go, everyone is bout right, dont go cheap, because thats ur engine ur talkin bout.
and exhausts, depends, i have the mrt for power, but im going to dual flowmaster super40's for the turbo.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:39 PM
armycook1981
2nd Gear Member

can the exhaust be done with out a mech shop.. with just normal hand tools...
why did yall swtich from the magsto mrt's?........
well a/f and boost gauges fine.. i still need a 3rd to pick from cause im going with the dashpod!

Quick Reply: to those with boost and maybe fazm .. your knowledge please