Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Paintless dent repair

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 03:41 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Paintless dent repair

I think I got one in the same spot, too. Mine is about the size of a nickle.. and I was quoted $75-$125
Old 05-31-2006, 04:12 AM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

those guy work wonders my dad had one on his 00 ford 250 It was on the lower body curve on the driver side crew door (shopping cart incident)

side bar

It was a windy day in Riverton, Wyoming at the Kmart parking lot. we just walked out the door for shopping and we were walking to the pickup when to the right you hear a cart then you look over and you see this cart moving faaasssttt down the parking lot with know one pushing it. all of a sudden my dad start running toward this cart. I look up and it was going right for his pickup. then he stopped running because it looked like it was going to hit the BEATER of a car(it was a rust bucket) this car was like 7 stalls before his pickup. But that cart went right by that car and my dad starts running once again just to get to the cart right as it hits the pickup

HE was pissed. at the time it was not funny(it was just I was not laughing out load). My dad grabbed this cart picked it up and through it 2 or 3 times then kicked it repeatedly there was I a guy setting in his pickup just watching this a shaking his head. I look back on that and laugh

anyway

it cost him 120 and you cant tell. the dent guy said if he could not get it 80% out he would not charge him. went back a 30 mins later the guy was done he said he was not totally happy with it as he only got it about 90% out but we could not even tell where it was dented

I will always remember that my dad is not the skinniest guy a round and to see him run as fast as he did. I did not know how fast that man could run until that day it amazed me

Old 05-31-2006, 04:21 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

hey,
i have a dent right in front of my gas cap. Apparently the gas cap opened too far and it dented the crap out of the rear body panel. Maybe i should check out this paintless thing.....
Old 05-31-2006, 05:02 AM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

hey scheetz83 i live in Sheridan....Lately ive been working just outside of Shoshone, roughneckin putting some cash together for a turbo
Old 05-31-2006, 12:31 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

My dad did some roughneck work in Riverton back in the late 70s. He mostly worked up in northeast Montana before that putting up the pump jacks and the tank batteries.

I sure miss Wyoming. That is one of the most beautiful states in America. In my opinion. I was born there in 83 then we moved out to Washington when I was 7. But we still go back every year to visit family. I always think about moving back, probably up in the Gillette area. But I cant make the money back there like I do here in Washington.

One of these days, I will move back. I really like that small town feeling. No one locks there doors, every one knows every one. its a really neat thing to watch if you lived in the city all you life. I can tell my friends stories about the people and they cant believe how laid back everyone is.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Dent genie

call me 15% discount for all the members .. 313 790 0888
www.dentgenies.com
Old 08-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

BEST 80 I have spent. You cant see the dent at all. If you know where to feel you can feel where he popped it out a touch to far but I am super happy with it. Defiantly worth the money
Yeah thats the only problem with paintless dent removal. When metal is dented it stretches it, so with out bodywork, torches, shrinking hammer,it can never be 100% the same.But i agree bodyshops have came along way for repairing minor dings and dents. I am lucky to have had my mustang14 mths., knock on wood, and no door dings or dents. Lets hopeit stays this way lol

Old 08-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Dent genie

i hope you never get a ding in your car .. amen
Old 08-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Fyrewalker
1st Gear Member

This doesn't work with all dents, but it does work for some. It is worth the $6 to give it a try.

Dry ice removing dent.

http://www.buzzhumor.com/videos/1170..._Repair_How_To
Old 08-28-2007, 04:38 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Some of my clients (used car dealers) use mobil paintless dent removers all the time on their cars. Some of the companies they use do paint if necessary and they do a fine job.
Check out some car dealers and find out who they use to make their cars look nice.

Quick Reply: Paintless dent repair