Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tri-State Area Mustang Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 11:52 AM
xXxMUSTANGxXx
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Tri-State Area Mustang Owners

yea there is a new color - ORANGE
Old 05-31-2006, 05:00 PM
firestang70
2nd Gear Member

Way to go Rygen, the blue is an awesome choice! LOL On topic your dealer should be able to do an internet search and find some thing that will fit your needs. Go with the VB you will never regret it!
ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

My next stang will probably be the blue....the black is a pain to keep clean. I was my car twice a week, detail it every weekend. LOL.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:02 PM
firestang70
2nd Gear Member

oops didnt read all the posts! It maybe worth it to take a road trip down south and buy one. i have heard there are GTs and 6s piling up on the lots. That may work in your favor even more on pricing.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:04 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

I say order it. I just got my special-ordered Mustang this friday and it's a beautiful thing knowing that it's exactly what I wanted.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:13 PM
micx7
1st Gear Member

Jiraiya, when you went into the dealer did they have all the info on the 07 including packages and what not? From my experience the dealer I went to knew less about the vehicle then I did. Do you think my case was an isolated one? Also if you dont mind me asking, price and specs of your order would be insightful. Thanks
Old 05-31-2006, 06:10 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

No problem

A disclaimer, though, I did my Mustang through a guy I know who did me a favor on this car - it was a far cry from the kind of deal one should expect. I got my car for dealer invoice, with $1000 in incentives on top of that. I got an 06 V6 Premium in Vista Blue w/Pony Package (including ABS/Traction Control), Interior Upgrade Package, Side Airbags, Dark Charcoal Cloth Interior. My side stripes are white. Manual transmission. Total price was (remember, this is dealer invoice) just over $21k before taxes, title, and license fees. After all that it was a little over $23k. Then I got $500 cash-back plus another $500 bonus incentive for Memorial Day Weekend (I can't believe how awesome that timing was...$500 is worth celebrating to me.) so I wound up paying just over $22k for it.

As for the dealership not knowing about the car, unfortunately this is FAR from an isolated experience. I was fortunate to have a 'guy on the inside', but I test drove from another dealership and the salesmen had no clue what they were talking about. It's not just Ford dealers either - you can't count on dealers to know anything about the car other than what's printed on the sticker, and how much commission they'll make off of it. There are exceptions, but you would have to be most fortunate to find one.

My advice is to do all the research you can online - www.kbb.com and www.edmunds.com are great resources. I especially like the fact that they give you a "real-world" price estimate as well as the invoice and MSRP numbers. I don't know how much info they have on the 07s, but you should expect most of the information to carry over. Also, you can't beat the real-world experiences of the owners on forums like these. For example, my dsecision not to get leather was influenced by the fact that people tended to say that it was difficult to care for, and showed wear after only a couple of months. Also no one at any dealerships, or even at their nationwide number, knew that the Pony Package came with a rear sway bar - I only found out definitively through the forums. And sure enough, there it is

You can't rely on the dealer to provide too much information to you. However, while they may not have the information yet, I know for a fact that dealerships have been taking orders for the 07s for at least a couple of weeks. If you walk in there knowing what you want, they should be able to quote you a price on it. Just make it clear that you've done your research and aren't there to mess around.

Another thing you might want to consider researching is financing. I got a much better deal through my local credit union than I would have through Ford.

Anything else I can help you with?
Old 05-31-2006, 06:43 PM
skm52670
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jiraiya

After all that it was a little over $23k. Then I got $500 cash-back plus another $500 bonus incentive for Memorial Day Weekend (I can't believe how awesome that timing was...$500 is worth celebrating to me.) so I wound up paying just over $22k for it.

I second ordering it if you're going with an '07. I ordered my '06 for for alittle over $23k (bottom line) I put $250 deposit to secure the order. I didn't get the incentives but I got the extended warranty FREE! so that kinda makes up the difference.

I found that dealerships will deal more readily on an order cause they don't have to pay transit fees from other dealers to get your car.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:25 PM
micx7
1st Gear Member

thanks for the help, some great info. My only concern with ordering the 2007 is the Pony Package, if theyre taking out the ABS/TC, isnt it likely theyll remove the sway bar and just make it a cosmetic appearance package?
Old 05-31-2006, 09:31 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

For the benefit of us clueless west coasters, what is the tri-state area?

I tried looking it up, but there are at least 30 of them on the list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-state_Area
Old 05-31-2006, 09:43 PM
micx7
1st Gear Member

haha sorry about that, tri-state area is New York/New Jersey/Connecticut

Quick Reply: Tri-State Area Mustang Owners