Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Thousand dollars burning a hole in my pocket.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:49 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Thousand dollars burning a hole in my pocket.

Well, it's actuallly good to know that the tunes originate from a couple tunes done by the SCT folks. These curves and algorithms are probably so complex, it would be very had to start tuning from scratch.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:05 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Britinastang

scrming...as another interested auto owner party here. You mention alternative sells the C&L intake/tune combo but yet I don't see them advertising it on their site...any help here? or just call em?
How many tunes will they provide? I hear other providing 1-3 depening on the supplier.

I wil prlly get my Xcal/CAI in July.

Thanks man
Yeah, their website is not the best... LOL! You just need to call them up and order the combo... I believe it comes with 2 or 3 tunes... make sure you tell them what octane you want to use...
Old 05-31-2006, 10:07 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

So will a CAI/XCAL 2 let me light up the tires by simply tromping the gas? I have seen cars that are automatics with less HP just cook them.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:53 PM
blackNchrome05
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: toosober

Axle back muffler, CAI/XCAL2 combo. The difference will be night and day!!!! Trust me.
I need to find a shop here in columbus ohio to do the work for me, CAI/XCAL2 and the axle back sounds sweet. Anyone have any suggestions concerning shops in the Central Ohio area?
For the CAI/XCAL2, you can do it over the internet, many have. I have with Doug@bamachips. Lidio@alternative auto is a master with the autos, Brenspeed, Evolution are good ones too.
Out of ignorance on my part, I need to ask what CAI stands for. Is it a vendor or manufacturer?. I understand programing the ECM, I programmed my Vance and Hines Fuel Pack on my Harley.
Cold Air Induction (EDIT: I had the terminology wrong! Though the vendors often refer to it as "intake" instead of induction), though technically its not a cold air intake system cause it draws warm air from the engine compartment. But generalizations tend to stick in this market. Here is what my old one looked like:

rygen are you really trying to show him what a CAI looks like or are you just showin off that Zex setup?

and for toosober, I think the lidio tune did just that... but then again, maybe i'm completely wrong and just made that up in my own mind
Old 05-31-2006, 10:58 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackNchrome05

Axle back muffler, CAI/XCAL2 combo. The difference will be night and day!!!! Trust me.
I need to find a shop here in columbus ohio to do the work for me, CAI/XCAL2 and the axle back sounds sweet. Anyone have any suggestions concerning shops in the Central Ohio area?
For the CAI/XCAL2, you can do it over the internet, many have. I have with Doug@bamachips. Lidio@alternative auto is a master with the autos, Brenspeed, Evolution are good ones too.
Out of ignorance on my part, I need to ask what CAI stands for. Is it a vendor or manufacturer?. I understand programing the ECM, I programmed my Vance and Hines Fuel Pack on my Harley.
Cold Air Induction (EDIT: I had the terminology wrong! Though the vendors often refer to it as "intake" instead of induction), though technically its not a cold air intake system cause it draws warm air from the engine compartment. But generalizations tend to stick in this market. Here is what my old one looked like:

rygen are you really trying to show him what a CAI looks like or are you just showin off that Zex setup?

and for toosober, I think the lidio tune did just that... but then again, maybe i'm completely wrong and just made that up in my own mind

Nah, I'm not showing it off, because I don't have that intake installed any more and my zex lines are all coiled up because I have the turbo now. LOL. I'd be happy to show that off.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:08 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

[/quote]
[/quote]

I am hoping so, an automatic with the performance number the stock 6 has SHOULD be able to light up the tires from a standing start while tromping on it with out having to feather the breaks.