Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I beat a g35

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 02:00 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Default I beat a g35

A friend of mine bought one and we were comparing cars. She really wanted to get a mustang but settled on the 35. Well, since she is my best friend I challenged her to a dual. It is something that is SOOOOO not me to do, and multiply that by 10 as far as her. But it was just for fun. So we made a bet. loser buys the winner anything they want at longhorns steakhouse.

We drove around for w hile and could not find the perfect "safe" place to do it where it would be green light to red light, which is what we wanted to do. Finally we both decided to go to a place where we know not many cars were around and knew it would be 100 percent safe. So we made the deal, at the green light, we both slam the gas pedal and see which car gets to the "finsih line" first. The finish line was the red light. No rev ups, no acting hard core, just slam down the friggin gas and see which car comes out first.

So there we are, at a green light and neither of us go waiting for the red lol.....THe red light comes on and we are both just waiting for that green. Finally it turns to green and I hit the gas as does she. WOW! Talk about head flying back into the seat. WOW!!! Anyway, my mustang won. It was close and it was much less than a 1/4 mile. Not sure how much it was but I was pretty impressed.

Well, I asked her if she hit the gas as hard as she could, she said she did. And then she asked 2 out of three? So I said all right fine.

Did the same thing again, and I won, again.

I had a 16 oz steak, with mashed potatoes and broccoli. And of course a chocolate cake.

She asked if I wanted to race on the freeway and I said hells no! 1. I knew she would have destroyed me and 2. It was such an andrenaline rush to do it, that It would have made me wayyyyy nervous to ever do it again.

Anyway, it was fun, will never EVER do it again lol, but it was fun!

Old 06-01-2006, 02:03 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I beat a g35

NICE kill, sounds like you had a blast, oh and a good dinner, LOL!
Old 06-01-2006, 03:20 AM
El Verdugo
1st Gear Member

Good kill man and I bet the dinner was even better.
One question, do you think the speed bug will bite her or you first?
Old 06-01-2006, 03:47 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Nice kill teach, I don't remember if you're married or not, but if not you could have made that bet WAY more interesting LOL...or even if you are married and just have moral flexibility [sm=badbadbad.gif]

***Disclaimer*** I am a bad man don't listen to me, I'm only 28 and on my second wife because of "Moral Flexibility". LMAO (evily) ***End of disclaimer***
Old 06-01-2006, 04:17 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

nice kill! what kind of g35 was it? I was always under the impression that those things compared with the GTs
Old 06-01-2006, 06:59 AM
RMGraphics
Banned

I don't want to sound like I don't believe you, but I had a G35 before I bought my 06 GT and I know how fast the G35 is. I don't know if the girl didn't know how to drive, but I highly doubt that a 210 hp v6 Mustang would beat a 297hp G35, even if it was an earlier yeat G with the lower 260hp. It just doesn't make sense.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:54 AM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RMGraphics

I don't want to sound like I don't believe you, but I had a G35 before I bought my 06 GT and I know how fast the G35 is. I don't know if the girl didn't know how to drive, but I highly doubt that a 210 hp v6 Mustang would beat a 297hp G35, even if it was an earlier yeat G with the lower 260hp. It just doesn't make sense.
you have to take alot of things into factor.....reaction time, it wasnt a 1/4mile and she just got the car....so its possible.

well all in all good kill
Old 06-01-2006, 03:20 PM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

No it was not a 1/4 mile. If it was I would have been slaughtered []

Sorry Blaze, it would have been cool to make the bet a little MORE interesting, but she is my wife's best friend as well soooooooo...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm just kidding LOL

THe steak was good though!
Old 06-01-2006, 03:30 PM
jroth
1st Gear Member

I too had a 2003 G35 and it would peel the paint off of my 2006 v6 pony. Its kind of depressing that you have to soup up a sports car to hang with a family 4 door car.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Deleted User
I ♥ Acer

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: I beat a g35