Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bought an 05 V6, now some questions....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 11:51 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Bought an 05 V6, now some questions....

welcome but be careful you dont get sick. i bought my car cash off the lot as a daily driver, upgraded to the 5 year 100,000 war. then i got sick and pretty much screwed the warantee. oh yea the ilness is "Excessivemodiosis" it starts out slow and you really dont know you have it. first it effects your eyes and nothing seams to look good enough, then it effects your feet and nothing seams fast enough. thats when is effects your wallet and then your pretty much screwed!
Old 06-02-2006, 01:22 PM
lureynol
1st Gear Member

Yeah, but your car is a special case, I mean, is there any part of your warrenty left? Or did the last of it fly into the wind when you broke into the 8's?

ORIGINAL: afixer

welcome but be careful you dont get sick. i bought my car cash off the lot as a daily driver, upgraded to the 5 year 100,000 war. then i got sick and pretty much screwed the warantee. oh yea the ilness is "Excessivemodiosis" it starts out slow and you really dont know you have it. first it effects your eyes and nothing seams to look good enough, then it effects your feet and nothing seams fast enough. thats when is effects your wallet and then your pretty much screwed!
Old 06-02-2006, 01:39 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

You can get the XCal II tuner with three tunes and the C&L Cold Air Induction kit from Evolution Performance (one of the vendors here, and regarded among the top tuners) for $580, which is $70 less than many others ask for this kit. If you happen to be near Pa. he will give you 2 free dyno pulls if you buy the kit from him.

http://www.evoperform.com

I agree with others... here is what I did

XCal II tuner with C&L CAI - $580 (Delivered)
Ford Racing Axle Back Muffler - $225 (Delivered)

So for $805, I got the three best things you can add (tune, CAI, muffler). Very big and noticable difference in car.

The simpliest thing you can do now (it's free), is turn off your overdrive when you are on back roads, or non-highway driving. This car REALLY wants to get into O/D (5th gear) all the time so you save gas... but, when you punch it, it ALWAYS has to do one downshift to get any torque, and many times it will downshift twice. Now, if you turn off overdrive (press the recessed button the the RIGHT side of the stick, look for "O/D Off" to show up on the dash), you will not need to do this downshift to get things moving a bit, and in the worse case scenario, you downshift once from 4th to 3rd. You DON'T want to turn O/D off when you are on highway or just driving normally (i.e. not looking to have fun), but turning it off when you are out for some fun will help a lot with the general feel. NOTE - Everytime you turn the car off and back on, O/D is turned back ON !! So pay attention to the. ALSO, you can turn of Traction Control if you have it, this will give you some tire squeal now and then (especially after tune and CAI).

Old 06-02-2006, 01:50 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Anybody have a link to where I can buy the new Street Scenes GT foglight grille ?
Old 06-02-2006, 01:51 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lureynol

Yeah, but your car is a special case, I mean, is there any part of your warrenty left? Or did the last of it fly into the wind when you broke into the 8's?

my power windows!
Old 06-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

my power windows!
Yeah, just wait, man. Soon those'll be too slow for you, too.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:25 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

Anybody have a link to where I can buy the new Street Scenes GT foglight grille ?
http://www.fordmustangstore.com/Shop...eIndexID=48596
Old 06-02-2006, 05:39 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Thanks Tres, Thanks Jericho!

The new six will definitely suprise you as a budget/performance hybrid. Great car looks wise, handles great, even without the sway bar and upgraded suspension. And, to put it in perspective, on the 1/4 mile runs along side the 5.0's pretty easy. With just a tune/cai, it will beat an old 5.0. Don't get me wrong, I am a 5.0 fan, my last car was a 93 5.0. Just putting it in perspective.

An XCAL2/CAI combo is like night and day difference on this car. Hello spin your tires city. You can't go wrong with Doug@Bamachips, Lidio@AlternativeAuto, Brenspeed and Evolution. I would then follow this up with a good axleback muffler, MRT seems to be the favorite and shows nice gains.

Welcome to the site, and mod away!

EDIT: And when you are done with all that, definitely look into gears and LSD. The open diff gets old after awhile.

Old 06-02-2006, 06:11 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Traken

my power windows!
Yeah, just wait, man. Soon those'll be too slow for you, too.
My power windows are hooked up to a diesel generator. They were just too slow. I did a tech write up on it.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Bowzie

Wow, first off thanks for all the responses. I was expecting these forums to be one of those deals where you get maybe 1 response a day. Good stuff. I am already starting to feel a little funny. Might be that sickness comming on. What exactly does it take to lose yout warenty?

ORIGINAL: LX200

You can get the XCal II tuner with three tunes and the C&L Cold Air Induction kit from Evolution Performance (one of the vendors here, and regarded among the top tuners) for $580, which is $70 less than many others ask for this kit. If you happen to be near Pa. he will give you 2 free dyno pulls if you buy the kit from him.

http://www.evoperform.com

I agree with others... here is what I did

XCal II tuner with C&L CAI - $580 (Delivered)
Ford Racing Axle Back Muffler - $225 (Delivered)

So for $805, I got the three best things you can add (tune, CAI, muffler). Very big and noticable difference in car.

The simpliest thing you can do now (it's free), is turn off your overdrive when you are on back roads, or non-highway driving. This car REALLY wants to get into O/D (5th gear) all the time so you save gas... but, when you punch it, it ALWAYS has to do one downshift to get any torque, and many times it will downshift twice. Now, if you turn off overdrive (press the recessed button the the RIGHT side of the stick, look for "O/D Off" to show up on the dash), you will not need to do this downshift to get things moving a bit, and in the worse case scenario, you downshift once from 4th to 3rd. You DON'T want to turn O/D off when you are on highway or just driving normally (i.e. not looking to have fun), but turning it off when you are out for some fun will help a lot with the general feel. NOTE - Everytime you turn the car off and back on, O/D is turned back ON !! So pay attention to the. ALSO, you can turn of Traction Control if you have it, this will give you some tire squeal now and then (especially after tune and CAI).

It just so happens I live in Ridley Park, Pa. I drive past evo every day going to work. I had a feeling that they did something with mustangs since there are always great looking stangs parked outside. I see myself spending a lot of money and time there in the future.

Quick Reply: Bought an 05 V6, now some questions....