Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

finally got my rims !

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 04:17 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: finally got my rims !

I think they are right, if you lower it it will kill that gap which is what I think is causing me the dislike...lowering it will even it out and also eliminate the gap...a good set of lowering springs should run in the high $100's to mid $200's (so I hear)
Old 06-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Stang4yoass
1st Gear Member

i went to truck world and they usually have good prices for stuff and they said it was $550 so that sucks for me lol but idk i have no idea how lowering springs work and i dont kno how much it would need to be lowered this is my first car im a beginner
Old 06-02-2006, 04:21 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Nice first car....So far you are doing great with it. Enjoy it, take your time with it and definitely shop around...check out these forums as there is a wealth of information on what to buy, where to buy it from and why...
Old 06-02-2006, 04:34 PM
0to60
2nd Gear Member

Stang4yoass,

Those rims look sharp! 20's are usually a little too big for my taste, but that simple style looks good (sporty and classy rather than the gaudy "bling bling" 20's i'm used to seeing).

Lowering would definitely be a good idea. I got my Steeda springs for about $200 -- the big expense was having them installed. Between installing the new springs and aligning everything i paid about $300. When all is said and done, I think that estimate of $550 is not too far off. If you can do the work yourself (or have a friend who can hook you up), that will save you a lot of money.

Keep in mind that if you go to aftermarket springs, you will eventually want to swap out your shocks/struts (most lowering springs recommend replacing the stock shocks/struts within 12 or 15 thousand miles) -- that's easily another 500-700 bucks plus installation costs down the road...

Lookin' good!
-Tim
Old 06-02-2006, 04:40 PM
mtbker29
3rd Gear Member

Those rims are tight..........I love em! Good pick
Old 06-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Once you said truck world I knew you had to live in florida, and thats alot for springs is that installed? The most common lowering springs are the Eibach Pro kit and there only $239
heres the link just scroll down and youll see them for the 2005 Mustang V6. It would definetly give it a better stance and look once you lower it!
http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05Springs.htm
Old 06-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Stang4yoass
1st Gear Member

thanks for all the feedback everyone !

and thats another thing .. havin to replace the springs .. did u say after 12,000 miles ? hmm i drive a lot and im tryin to figure out how long it would be b4 i replace them .. see the thing is my dad said i would get a new car in a year or two like i guess for graduation (im gunna b a junior in high school next year) yeah im young lol .. so if i sell this car it mite be hard because idk who would want to replace the springs on it .. thats extra work for them .. ahh so confusing .. but the car would look better with them =\
Old 06-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Youd have to replace struts not the springs and your already getting a new ride, geeze! LOL!
Old 06-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Stang4yoass
1st Gear Member

lol .. i got this car last september or so (it was my uncles) we shipped it to florida and we got it for only $20,000 .. i got my license in january .. my dad said in a year or 2 i would get a new one cuz he thinks american cars are sh**** but i love my stang i dont care what he says lol but he wanted me to start off with a simple car and im fixing it up and he told me not to but i cant help it .. theres so much to do to stangs .. but yeah for a second car im really thinkin about an audi used of course cuz i cant spend too much or sum sort of foerign car but i really want a convertible being that i live in florida lol
Old 06-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

So your keepin the stang and gettin an audi, Man I need to become friends with you! LOL!

Quick Reply: finally got my rims !