Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Funny Story

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 11:08 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default Funny Story

Ya, know, I heard stories from you guys about being at the car shows, or someone walking up saying, "why didn't you get a GT?". And some of you came to find out the person asking was driving a mini-van or some beater. Well today I finally got a taste of this.

So, I have my 13.6 on dragtimes.com here:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustan...slip-8393.html

And of course, I get the usual why didn't you buy a GT. But check out the last entry. I called the guy on it and he is like, I have a V6...as a rental!!!! WTF! Classic!!!!

Check out the post log on my drag slip:

(c nile)
Why din't you just buy a GT??? Then run faster w/o spending all that money.

(Rgyen)
If I had a dollar for every time someone said that to me. LOL. I had no intention of modding this car, no intention of racing. Just started doing it and all of the sudden I got hooked! My next car will probably be a dedicated 5.0 LX track car.

(Ceasar)
Dude dont let people bust your ***** ! Very unique, you know someone would scope your car out and say, hey its a V6, I can take it ! And then be totally lost as to why you punished them. I like the ride and im very impressed. Its different and almost a sleeper. darn good work !

(Rygen)
It's cool man, I'm used to it. I like having a quick six. It's challenging actually to make it run with it's V8 big brothers. And cause I am so hooked, I'm still shopping for an old 5.0 LX to build up as a dedicated track car.

(Forrest)
Just curious, why would you put all this money into a V6 Mustang when it's no faster than a stock GT? Shouldn't you of just bought a GT?

(Rygen)
@Forrest Read the other posts, should provide some background. Last 3 lightly modded GT's I ran against at the track lost to me. So I'm not sure what you mean. But I'm not out to get GT's, I'm just enjoying the car. What are you running at the track? Just curious. And the mods are bit outdated now, LOL.

(Forrest)
My bad, I guess I should of looked at the other comments before I commented. I don't own a GT, I just had a v6 Mustang as a rental and was curious what kind of times people got for them.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Funny Story

ROFL! Ah people these days! LOL! Anyway nice track time! Have you got your launch figured out yet?
Old 06-02-2006, 11:17 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

That 13.6 was on my Nitrous. I was going to hit MIR tonight for some 1/4 mile runs, but it started to thunder storm when I was about to leave. Doh. Don't worry, I should have some 1/4 mile slips soon.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

LOL! My bad was doing something else while reading your post! Wont do that again!
Old 06-02-2006, 11:40 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ha! It's hard believe Hertz rented a V6 stang to the local village idiot. It really is an equal opportunity world.

Rygen... you handle their comments with grace.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:58 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

ha! It's hard believe Hertz rented a V6 stang to the local village idiot. It really is an equal opportunity world.

Rygen... you handle their comments with grace.
LOL. Thanks man, I just love racing. There is always someone faster. Though what I really wanted to type would have put a sailor to shame. LOL.